Chapter 6

After a bit of thought I decided that the orientation movie would be worse. I hoped like hades that the Minotaur turned up.

After a while of driving I heard a roar or at least what sounded like one. Both Grover and Sally paled. "Wh- what was that?" I asked, my voice pretending to shake. Sally looked in the mirror and replied, "Pasiphaë's son." I wondered why the hades she was dancing around the name when the Minotaur clearly knows our location. Camp halfblood was coming into view. The marble archway still a fair distance away.

I smelt ozone. I groaned. A massive lightning bolt struck the car and flipped it over. Eight times to be precise. Yes I counted. We landed on the roof of the car. Next to me Grover groaned out, "Food!" I kicked out the door and dragged Grover out. In the distance I could see the silhouette of the Minotaur when lightning struck. I decided to let it kidnap my mum and make sure Grover was unconscious so I can be the crap out of it. Sally got out of her side of the car and stood up, blood dripping down her face from a cut on her forehead.

We were actually pretty close to the property line before the Minotaur happened upon us. I decided it would be best to let things play out for now. I didn't get out Riptide which had appeared back in my pocket and I didn't go to distract the Minotaur. The Minotaur came barreling towards us. I chucked Grover behind me somewhere and dove out of the way. The Minotaur charged again this time when we dove Sally wasn't fast enough. The Minotaur grabbed her by the throat and squeezed. She disappeared in a shower of gold dust. During this time the rain poured down on me, refreshing my stamina. I turned to make sure Grover was still unconscious. He moaned out, "Food!"

The Minotaur came charging again. This time I uncapped Riptide. The glowing bronze sword made the Minotaur hesitate before charging in anyways. I moved swiftly to the side and swung my sword. With a sickening crunch, the blade shredded through the horn. The horn fell to the ground as the Minotaur screamed out in pain. While it was doing this I snuck up behind it and stabbed it right through the heart. The Minotaur dissolved into a pile of golden dust, the remains mixing with what was left of my mother. I picked up the horn and capped Riptide. I grabbed Grover and dragged him over the property line, past Thalia's tree.

My eyesight started to fade and my consciousness starting to waver. I collapsed upon the porch. This time there was no Annabeth. One of the campers saw me and called out, "Will! We have an injured new recruit!" My eyesight started to dim but I could still make out the golden hair of Will as he approached. Darkness clouded my vision as I faded into unconsciousness.