Chapter 2

The portal was a blue shade. It made me wonder if it was pure coincidence that it was my favourite shade of blue or if it was preplanned. I could be preplanned but with people as powerful as primordials you never know. A blinding white light filled my vision, forcing me to close my eyes. I kept falling until I hit something.

I heard Gabe screaming at my mum for not making the bean dip fast enough. I got up and out of the bed. I noticed I still had the ring Nico gave me. I twisted it as my mum came in. She whispered, "Are you ready for a new year at Yancy?" I nodded knowing what would already happen. I decided to tease Grover and Chiron- sorry, Mr Brunner about my knowledge.

Timeskip - Percy gets ready

As Percy was wandering the halls of Yancy he noticed that neither Chiron nor Grover were here

As Percy was wandering the halls of Yancy he noticed that neither Chiron nor Grover were here. He guessed that they used the Mist to make it seem like they had been here all year. And I was right. Two weeks into school a certain satyr showed up and no one questioned his appearance. I noticed that he was consistently smelling the air. He always played it off as allergies but I know that he's either looking for monsters or demigods.

Shortly after his arrival I still hadn't made friends with him. I wanted him to approach me. Then mysteriously, our Latin teacher vanished, only to be replaced by Mr Brunner. Once again no one questioned his sudden arrival. He always seemed to be shifting in his wheelchair almost like his fetlocks have fallen asleep and he was desperate to get out.

Then about halfway through the year the pre-algebra teacher vanished and left a Ms Dodds in her wake. I also fairly certain that she uses the Mist to teach the math because I don't think she can teach this. Once again no one question her sudden arrival and her and Chiron could be seen conversing a lot. I assumed that they were talking about me.

Nacy Bobofit is nowhere near as a threat as before. Now I just dodged all of her attacks and replied with witty responses.

But today was the dreaded day of the field trip!