"I'm sorry for how things turned out everyone. The party can't continue again. I'm so sorry. Please you all can go home"Mrs Linda apologised as she clasped her hands together.
Murmuring and grumbling echoed around the room as the guests made their way outside.
Nicole stood on the spot, still shocked on how Jordan embarrassed her.

"Nicole?"Her mother called out softly.
"What mother? Did you see how he talked to me?"Nicole asked in a whisper.

Mrs Linda gave Nicole a faint smile.
"Calm down sweetheart"

"Where is your husband?"Nicole suddenly asked.
Mrs Linda looked around, she couldn't spot him anywhere.

"You can't find him right? Because he went to meet his darling daughter in jail instead of being here with his real daughter! Mother Amarachi is taking my father from me!"

"Nobody is taking him from you Nicole. Please just go upstairs and rest ok"Mrs Linda coaxed.
Nicole left fuming with anger.
Mrs Linda sighed and watched everyone go.

* * * * * * *

  Jordan and chief Victor entered the Ikoyi police station with a lawyer behind them.

Chief Victor had taken Jordan to his lawyer who arranged Amarachi's bail papers. There was no way either of them could let Amarachi sleep in cell.

"We want to see inspector Demilade"Jordan stated to two police officers by the counter.
They scrutinised his appearance as if his mission in the police station was written all over his body.
One of them then nodded to his request and stepped out from the counter, motioning to Jordan, Chief Victor and his Lawyer to follow him.

They strode along the busy hallway of the police station as the police man occasionally greeted some of his colleagues on the way. He then abruptly stopped in front of a large wooden door and swung it open, saluting the inspector before working out.

Inspector Demilade looked up and stood with a smile.
A sarcastic plastic smile.

"You are here. I didn't expect to see you all again. Wow"she said with her tongue-in-cheek as she tweaked her nose.

"Oh and they brought a lawyer. Interesting. Please do sit down"she added as she flopped back on her seat, offering them the seats in front of her desk with her hand.

"Let us go straight to business"Chief Victor stated.
He motioned for his lawyer to bring out the bail papers.
  The lawyer, Barrister Femi, cleared his throat as he set his briefcase on the inspector's desk. Unlocking it, he brought out some documents filed in a large brown envelop.
"I am Barrister Femi, the attorney to Chief Victor"The middle aged lawyer began in his baritone voice as he adjusted his glasses, setting them by the bridge of his nose.

"These are the bail documents of a certain Miss Amarachi who was charged with theft and my client here deemed it fit that the young lady be released as he has found no fault in her even though his daughter filed the complaint. These are her bail documents once again"He addressed.

The inspector had this amused look on her face. She narrowed her eyes at Barrister Femi. "I didn't expect you all to arrange all these in such short notice. Hope all the documents are complete?"

"Ofcourse Inspector. We dealt with all the required forms. We got an official application for her bail, an affidavit that supports why the bail should be authorised and a draft bail order"The barrister replied as he passed the documents in the envelop to the inspector.
She let out a suppressed chortle and examined all the documents presented.

"Well I can see"Inspector Demilade finally said with a sigh after a brief moment of silence.
She looked up at them and stared at Jordan and chief Victor.
"I truly don't know why you two are so keen on releasing her but the bail documents are complete. Follow me"