Chapter 63

AMARACHI

I watched Nonso carefully. I could tell he felt very uncomfortable being here with Jordan.
Jordan on the other hand seemed really happy to meet Nonso.

"Hold on for a second. I just prepared some pastries. Let me get it for you two"Jordan said before heading towards the kitchen.

"Nonso he is nice right?"I asked snapping Nonso out of what ever reverie he was experiencing.
Nonso glanced at me and gave me a small smile.

I exhaled and wiggled my nose teasingly at Nonso. "Calm down ok. Jordan is nice. I promise you will enjoy his company"

As if on cue, Jordan stepped outside with a tray containing what looked like biscuits.
What are these?
"I baked cookies. Serve yourself ok. Cynthia is preparing a tasty dish. Take this as an appetizer"Jordan said smiling.

I glanced at Nonso.
Was that a smile i could spot?
I giggled within me. He was gradually relaxing.

"Once again I know both of you will make good friends"I spoke up breaking the brief silence.

"Ofcourse. Nonso you seem like a very nice guy. I was really perplexed when i knew that you got tensed with amara for accepting the phone i got her"Jordan said with a smirk as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand.

Nonso gasped and turned to face me with widened eyes.
"I can't believe you actually told him that Amara" Nonso said in a whisper which made me let out a laugh.

"No it's fine. You were clearly worried. I can understand that ok. It's normal"Jordan immediately chirped in.

Nonso moved nervously on his seat.
"I'm really sorry ok. I can't believe Amara told you that. Amara you have a big mouth"

His outburst made both I and Jordan erupt with laughter.
"Nonso you are really funny you know. Amara tells me a lot about you"

"Hope she tells you good things? This girl is a case study"Nonso said teasignly.

"Nonso"I cried out.

"She does tell me good things about you. You are truly her elder brother"

"Wow I never imagined a rich man's son would be this nice"Nonso commented in a tone that showed he was astonished by Jordan's behaviour.

Jordan let out a deep chuckle.
"You know i don't really consider my dad's wealth as mine. I don't want to be under his shadow. I want to create my own name"

I watched both Jordan and Nonso interact as if they had known each other for years.
I always knew they would get along just fine.
It made me genuinely happy.

* * * * * * * *

"He is a really nice person"Nonso said to me as i escorted him outside the gate.

I giggled and nodded my head in affirmative.
"So this why you rejected me all these while. You were waiting for a white boy to come marry you"Nonso said teasignly as he nudged at my shoulder.

I felt heat rise up to my cheek and face became flushed.
"I can see you love him. Anyways I'll always support you ok. Little sister"

I looked up to catch a gljmpse of Nonso's face.
I gave him a broad smile.
"Thank you Nonso. For everything. I have to go back now. Take care ok"
I gave him a brief hug and waved him goodbye before heading back towards the house.

"Oh Amara you are back"Jordan said once i stepped inside the house.
I nodded and sat on the sofa opposite him.

Jordan furrowed his brows at me and immediately came to sit by my side.
My breathing hitched and I suddenly felt tensed but composed myself.

"Piccolo why are you easily scared and embarrassed?"Jordan whispered into my ear.

"I don't know. You are making me..."i stopped unable to figure out the words to use.

"I'm making you what? Nervous? You don't like how close I am to you?"Jordan whispered once more again into my ear. I felt his lips graze against my earlobe.

I was beginning to feel that particular way again--aroused.
God!
I groaned within me.
How can I stop this feeling?
I don't want to feel this way.

"Amara don't be scared please"
Jordan snaked his arm around my waist.
I gasped and placed my hands on his chest like I did the last time, making him back off with a smirk plastered on his face.

He was about saying something when we heard a car horn.
"That should be mother. She is back"Jordan stated.

I breathed a sigh of relief.
At least with his mum around I know I won't get that feeling which i dreaded.

I caught a glimpse of Jordan smirking.
"Why are you smirking at me?"

"Because you are the one my heart beats for"

Just that sentence made knots tie in my stomach.
Oh good Lord.
What is this feeling?

* * * * * * * *

"Madam Lydia. How are you?" Mrs Justice said as she stepped into Lydia's shop.

She was greeted by Lydia's part time workers who kept on staring at her.

"Ada welcome o. I am fine. How is Amara doing over there?"Lydia asked with a plastic smile.

"She is doing good. I just dropped her at your home and came here to see you, to see how business is going. Your girls are so talented. I wish i could take everyone of them abroad"
Mrs Justice's eyes roved the materials they were sewing with glee.

"Instead of you to take my daughter ogechi, is these stupid girls you wish to take"

"Thank you ada. Don't worry Amara won't disappoint you. I'm telling you"

"Ah yes. I trust her. I gave her the fabric today"Mrs justice said nodding her head confidently.

"I have to go now. Madam Lydia take care ok"

Lydia stared distastefully at Ada as she walked away, rage burning within her.
She bit her lip and hissed in annoyance.
"I will make sure everything gets ruined. Amara you shall never succeed. Not while I'm still alive. I promise you will loose everything"