8-

Blur's show had long wrapped up and Chloe Lillian Frances Erlich had long disappeared from the stage, not wanting to deal with the complication that was Damon Albarn. Instead, she had decided to hang out in her father's empty trailer, fidgeting with her camera bag and possibly taking a few huge swigs from the bottle of champagne he'd ordered.

At the stage rested all of Blur, their associates and a majority of the Erlich family. Who were all meeting and mingling for the first time.

Damon seemed distraught, letting Graham take the reins and talk to the legendary rock family instead of him, passing over the attention for once.

As he waded through the backstage area he grew to realize that the one face he was looking for wasn't there. Chloe had left. He didn't even know if she'd stayed for the whole show. Shit.

"Looking for someone?" An unfamiliar voice said, slapping him on the back in a friendly manner.

Damon turned to see he was face to face with Kendal Erlich, Chloe's older brother, son of Maxis Erlich and frontman of the terribly popular band Waverlength.

He looked strung out, his curly brunette hair over his eyes and speaking of which, he had huge purple bags under them, looking like he hadn't slept in at least a week. It was enough to scare Damon off of coke for a solid 5 minutes. Maybe longer.

"I was I suppose." He answers shortly

"Ah, Chloe. My sister." He says sounding a bit disappointed.

"Maybe. I think I just owe her something."

"You owe me something. Come on, let's finish what we were starting earlier."

"Oh shove it Kendal. Go fuck your own bandmates. I'm not interested."

"You were earlier." He says shrugging

Damon sighs, not denying what he was saying. "You look a lot like your sister. Same nose, same hair color, you're both wearing the same shirt today."

"She also has tits. Come on Damon, we were having fun."

"I only do lines. And maybe your sister."

"Could tell Justine how you snuck me out the window... Got me out right as Chlo was opening the door."

"Like she'll believe shit from you"

He laughs "she sure as shit thinks you're cheating, by the way, way to go! having us meet in Avery's."

"That was her idea. Not mine."

"I'll go thank her, well, for that and the blow job."

Damon grimaces and calls out "I'm in an open relationship mate! I'm allowed to fuck. Don't be mad that I don't want seconds."

Kendal scoffs "You're turning down an Erlich? That's foreign territory."

Damon shoves him, watching him stumble back a little. "I don't do confrontation. Especially not after my own show."

"But you'll confront me after mine? You and your little friend?"

"You're wasted. Go take a damn nap. Sleep off the coke and find me when you've got some common sense in your head."

"Have it your way Albarn. Fine."

With that the Erlich stalked off, making his way down off the stage, which relived Damon more than he'd like to admit. Today had been messy, a little too close than he would've liked.

Sure, he was in a definitive open relationship. But he was playing his cards dangerously, he was fucking someone he knew extremely well, fucking strangers who were practically loose cannons and about 2 inches away from losing the woman he absolutely adored. While also toying with the idea of liking someone else in the same way.

He scratched his head, running both his hands through to fix his hair before approaching the main backstage area again, where his group of people remained, alongside two Erlich's. Great. Neither of them were the one he wanted to see.

Spotting Justine, he walked over and planted a kiss to her forehead. "Enjoy that? Been waiting to do that for hours."

"Yeah. It was brilliant. You sounded great. But, I'm glad you're here now." She says unsurely. "I might go grab a drink. Pulp's at the bar right now and I think Alex wanted a word."

He shrugs, "I'll meet you all there. I need to change anyways."

Maxis cleared his throat as Damon watched the stage light up for the next group of performers. "Young man, Damon is it?"

He swiftly turned around. "Yes it would be. Sir, it's um, an honor. I adore your records, my guitarist Graham does as well, but I'm sure he talked your arse off-"

He cuts him off "You just gave one of the most brilliant shows I've seen in a long time. But you don't seem to be so thrilled. You look stressed."

"I suppose I am. It's Glastonbury after all, and I mean I'm just not sure how well everything just landed out there. Especially with-"

"Your girlfriend was the one with the black hair I presume? Not the one out there?" Maxis asks, sounding amused

"Er yes." Damon says, unsure of where this conversation was even going

"Do you like the young woman you were out there with?"

"Like? I don't know what you mean by any of this, or where it's going." Damon admits, not understanding why Maxis was drilling him on any of this

"I've been where you've been. And Damon, you're only going to get more famous. This is the start for you. I can tell."

"Thank you-"

"Did I say I was finished? Sure you're in an open space with your woman. But you're fucking someone with a lot of attention right now. Someone your girlfriend might be insecure with. It's going to cause a rift.

Trust me I've been there. You need to be transparent before someone gets hurt. Before a fight happens. Before the paparazzi gets involved. Before all of that. If you truly love this woman, Justine, or rather whoever else there is, be transparent.

If you emotionally love someone tell them. But make it clear that sexually and with attraction, they won't be enough. Everyone expects monogamy in some way shape or form, unless you set the boundary"

"Sir? I'd rather not dive into the stats of my relationship and where it's been. I respect you, but this is not a conversation I have with anyone."

Maxis does a brief duck face and then smiles as he says "This is adorable. I would've done the same thing. My last piece of advice is that you figure yourself out before you even attempt to fuck my daughter. I'm not scaring you off or telling you not to pursue. I'm saying figure yourself out."

For the first time in a hot second, Damon Albarn had been left speechless.

And by none other than the rock legend Maxis Erlich, known for being witty, eccentric and beyond talented.