36-

Hans Erlich was pleased with the mess he'd made. He was so proud of it and wasn't sure why he'd even done it. Maybe he was too far gone, or acting even more out of character than normal. But he looked at the dark set in front of him, sitting at his desk, his crew surrounding him.

Blur's team working to set up all of their equipment, management discussing everything, trying to keep calm, knowing that tonight was going to be hellish. Then, he spotted the actor in question. Ewan McGregor had finally been let up.

There was no Chloe in sight. This irritated Hans but also made him sad. As if he was mad she hadn't showed up yet, but also sad that she'd decided to duck away from having to see him in person.

He took his hat off, sitting it on his desk and the approached Ewan, interrupting his conversation with his agent entirely.

"Hi. Hans Erlich. The big bad brother, sure you've heard all about me." He says grinning.

Ewan reluctantly shakes his hand "Ewan McGregor. Believe me, I've heard nothing good of you."

Hans laughs "Sounds about right. Where did Chloe get off to? I know she had to be in the building with you. I'd love to say hello."

"Is that really a good idea?"

"Of course it is. I love my sister, politics aside and all that."

"I'm not sure politics were the determining factor."

Hans rolls his eyes. "Is she coming tonight?"

"Unfortunately she's set on it." He says bitterly.

"Good! It's going to be a great show. Have you met Blur yet?" He asks, leading Ewan over to the stage, ushering him to one of the seats

"A few times."

Hans claps his hands together "Great. So you're familiar with our other guest, Damon!"

"Don't play games. Of course I know Damon, and you know I don't like him. This whole thing is a fucking joke."

"Is it?" He says batting his eyes at Ewan.

"You don't think it is? Why else are you stringing us all along?"

Hans shrugs "I don't know what you're talking about. This is just television. I thought you of all people would understand that, seeing as you've been in a tv show."

Ewan stands up. "See you at the show." He says before promptly leaving, not wanting to give him the time of day any further.

As he strode off to his dressing room, his mind was running wild with what he honestly wished he could do right now. Punching Hans would be a first, and then fighting Damon Albarn would come next.

He pushed the door open, finding Chloe changing into the gown she'd brought for the show. Instinctively, he covers his eyes, causing her to snicker.

"You don't have to do that. You know that right?"

He slowly removes his hand and then says "It's all good fun..But Chloe, my love, good god. You look fucking brilliant."

"Brilliant? I was going for sexy." She says frowning

"You know I meant that too." He says beaming, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "you're adorable, the whole batch."

She beams "And you've cleaned up nicely as well. Look at that damn suit." She whistles playfully. "Now, zip me up?" She asks

Ewan nods, brushing her hair out of the way and swiftly pulling the zipper up her dress, latching it shut with the button on top as well, before pulling her up against him, wrapping his hands around her waist.

"What's wrong?"Chloe asks softly

"I don't like your brother." He whispers

"Who does?"

"He's acting like this isn't a joke. Like he's not just trying to start this mess. Like him having Damon and I in the same room is just standard television."

She rolls her eyes, taking one of his hands in hers and then saying "Don't let him push your buttons. That's classic Hans."

"Classic Hans. Was he a manipulator at 5 or something?"

She shrugs "No idea. He was older than me. Doing grown kid things."

"Yeah well, he's acting like an idiot these days."

Chloe laughs. "Don't get so worked up. Focus on me, and us, the night getting over, and doing a way better show tomorrow."

He sighs "Fuck. You're right."

On the other side of things, Damon Albarn was watching Graham fight with their manager and sound technician at the same time. It was quite the scene.

Graham had decided that if he had to do this, then he was going to make sure that his gear was set up the way he wanted it, even if it meant picking a fight over the organization of his pedals.

However, his biggest problem was with his manager wanting him and the band to wear suits. That sent him over the limit.

"Graham, it's just one time. It's just to get the audience buzzing. Besides, it's just a suit. Please. Just do this for us." Their manager pleaded.

"For fucks sake, NO. I'm not bending over backwards to make a bunch of prissy Americans happy. I don't wear suits on stage. I don't wear bow ties and I'm not doing it."

"Please, we've already got the suits here, and it would be such a waste."

He scowls "Go put Marcy in it!"

His manager looks confused, wondering who the hell Marcy was.

"Marcy! The girl Damon brought here for some damn reason. Put her in my suit. Find a tailor. I don't care. But I'm NOT wearing one."

And with that, Graham had returned back to setting his equipment up, struggling to keep his head together, especially with all this stupid drama.

Damon peeked over "How's it going?" He asked

"Not good. I'm getting pissy."

"I can tell from a mile away."

"Don't you have a suit to put on?" Graham asks

He shakes his head "No. I'm trying to be authentic. My jeans give me character."

Graham rolls his eyes. "Care to give me a hand or are you too important for that?"

Damon starts laughing before getting down to help his friend "Graham, we pay people to do this for us. Why the fuck are you on your hands and knees?"

"Because, I don't like the-" he lowers his voice "I don't like the way the current guy organizes my stuff."

Damon snickers. "Jesus. This is really getting to you."

"I want it to be good." He snapped "like actually good."

"Thought you didn't care for America?"

"I don't. It's just that if I'm going to be on television and my mum is watching, I might as well put some effort into it."