Chapter 16 - from angel of song to angel of destruction

Chapter 16 – from angel of song to angel of destruction

~Class after lunch – Choir~

After a weird lunch, Luke and I were heading to choir practise. People seemed to stop and stare as we walked past, it was becoming irritating, but I didn't let it show, that would cast the wrong impression on people. But I just kept a tight hold on Luke's hand and my head held high, ignorning it all. Maybe, at some point, someone will want to be my friend. Hopefully.

We came to a set of double doors that lead into an auditorium. I took a deep breathe and looked at Luke, who gave me reassuring smile and kissed the back of my hand. I blushed and smiled back, pushing the door open, I dragged Luke behind me, chuckling at my reaction.

I looked up and into the eyes soft brown eyes of a chinese man with black hair, his expression was blank. He had a delicate tattoo of music notes tracing his face. I touched his mind with, making sure he couldn't sense it.

Ah, so this is the girl that everyone keeps talking about... She has an unearthly look about her... I was stunned by his comments and quickly withdrew my mind.

“Hi, Mr. Cho!” Luke grinned at him, which he returned. His eyes returned to mine.

“You must be Miss. Haven... Evageline, am I correct?” He asked. His voice was smooth and even, a clear sign of a singer.

“Yes sir, called me Evy,” I replied, holding out my hand for him to shake, which he took in a firm grasp. I smiled at him, which he returned with a small one.

“What part do you sing? Alto? Sorpano?” He asked, returning to his piano at the front of the leveled seats that were currently nearly all filled.

“Higher soprano.” I replied quietly. He turned his head to me, as he sat at the piano, raising an eyebrow. I smiled shyly.

“We only have one other higher soprano.” He said looking pointedly at a figure at the top row in the corner. Aphrodite. She sat smirking thinking she was it. I grimaced slightly.

“Sing a song for us, one that shows your ability.” He asked. I knew he would know any music just by the look in his eyes. They held an ancient knowledge that no one could question.

I smiled, thinking of the perfect song, “Shubert's Ave Maria.” He looked at me again.

“What key?” He asked curiously.

“C Major.” It was an easy key, but the range was broad enough to show my protential.

He nodded, smiling slightly, “Ok. Luke sit down please. She can stand by herself for a few minutes.” I could the amusement in his voice. I blushed and chuckled as I looked at him as he too blushed, kissed my hand and went to sit infront of Aphrodite, who's smirk widened. I'll show her...

The music began and I took my stance infront of the grand piano, letting the music flow through me. I focused my eyes on Luke a the back as I began to sing the haunting music.