25. Is this the end?

Jac POV

It's been 4 months since Desire started the bone marrow treatment for Maeve and it was successful but Maeve is still undergoing monitoring everyday which I am doing but as home visits, I am back at the hospital but only on half shifts because Aaron says I deserve to have a bit of a break with everything that's been going on.

From being kidnapped, to giving birth to Duncan early, to finding a lump on my brain and then with Maeve he said I need to look after myself, he said I've been working none stop since forever and I need me time as I've done our community proud.

Today is our beautiful boys first birthday and thankfully we booked holiday off at work so we didn't miss it even though I know Aaron would tell me to not come in. I'm in the kitchen making all the food for today as I wanted it to be all healthy stuff considering Maeve is coming over and she needs to have a healthy food intake at the moment.

I feel arms come around my waist, I'm spun around and lifted up onto the kitchen surface, I look at my amazing man smiling so big at me.

Jacqueline: What are you doing back early?

His smile makes my heart leap with joy every time he smiles so big.

Phoenix: The birthday boy had enough fun swimming and wanted to come home and see his mama.

Jacqueline: He said that?

I smirk.

Phoenix: Not in so many words but I got the ome and mama which translates to home and mama.

I laugh and pull him into a kiss.

Duncan: No no issy!

We both laugh and I jump down from the counter and kneel down to him and pull him into a hug.

Jacqueline: Okay superman no more kissing daddy.

He shakes his head and I smile.