19. Fighter

Jac POV

I hear beeping, I slowly open my eyes and see I'm in our main hospital the RBWH, am I happy to be back at the hospital I work in, I suppose so but I'm not working I'm in a bloody hospital bed again, I swear I spend more time in them than actually working nowadays. I let out a huff and feel someone squeeze my hand, I turn my head and see my beautiful best friend smiling at me while holding her little girl.

 I let out a huff and feel someone squeeze my hand, I turn my head and see my beautiful best friend smiling at me while holding her little girl

Luna: Hey babe.

Jacqueline: Hey.

Luna: How are you feeling?

Jacqueline: Confused as to why I'm in a bloody hospital bed again but apart from that I feel okay, where is Nix?

She smiles.

Luna: He's gone to get Duncan.

I sit up and look at her strangely.

Jacqueline: But he's all the way over...

She smiles.

Luna: So you've been a sleep for 2 days babe and in those 2 days Duncan was given the all clear to be transported to this hospital for monitoring, he can breathe on his own now and they want this hospital to do tests on his lung intake as we are the only hospital that can do that.

Jacqueline: But if they are concerned about his lungs why transport him here?

Luna: They aren't concerned, they just want to monitor it, he was early so there's a chance his lungs might not hold as much capacity as regular babies does but it's enough for him to be alive and well.

Jacqueline: So Nix has gone to get him?

Luna: Yeah, he's meeting your mum there and bringing them both back, he's bringing D right here so they can do the test right away and then he will be put in this room with you.

I nod my head.

Jacqueline: Next question, why am I here? What happened and why was I out for 2 days?

Luna: I could tell you or get Aaron or let you see your chart?

Jacqueline: Just tell me I don't have the strength for anything else.

Luna: You fainted at the police station after seeing Cindy.

I think back and remember seeing her and getting angry and then being taken to the other room by Phoenix and then that's all.

Jacqueline: Okay, so the cause of the fainting is what?

Luna: You've got a lump on your brain.

Jacqueline: Say what now?!

I think my whole body and mind just went into overdrive, panicking and anxiety, Luna gets up and sits on the edge of the bed and lays her little girl on my lap.