22. Guardian Angel

Jac POV

It's been 2 weeks since we found out Maeve has leukaemia and I'm not allowed to work on the case because she's my niece, it's frustrating and I'm getting annoyed with everyone, I keep snapping at everyone and I know it's not there fault but I feel even more useless than I did before.

I couldn't help patients before but now I can't even help my own bloody niece, everyone in our house has had tests done to see if we are a match for bone marrow transplants because after a few days of Aaron testing it turns out Maeve leukaemia is more advance than we thought.

There are four different types of leukaemia and Maeve has Acute Myeloid Leukaemia also known as (AML), it's very aggressive and grows quickly, two days after we found out what she had Aaron started her on chemotherapy with Clays authorisation.

I'm at the hospital with Clay, Jade and Maze waiting to see Aaron, we all got tested for the bone marrow transplant just in case it came to that so today we are finding out if the chemotherapy has actually killed the cancer in the blood cells and bone marrow but if not then whoever is a match is doing a bone marrow transplant.

Jade and Maze are inside the room with Maeve while me and Clay are waiting outside in the hall for Aaron we thought it was best Maeve didn't hear what was being said.

Clayton: I fücked up, I'm a terrible father.

I look at my brother who is white as a ghost, bags under his eyes from not sleeping properly and staying here at the hospital in our sleeping quarters so he's close by for Maeve, he's hardly eaten but I can't be certain because when I'm not around I don't know but everything I've brought him he doesn't touch.

I grab his hand to stop him from pacing and he looks at me.

Jacqueline: Your not a terrible father! You've been a fantastic father to Maeve, you've done an amazing job as a single dad, you are not a doctor Clay so you can't know everything.

His eyes fill with tears.

Clayton: But I should of taken her here the first time she fainted or even talked to you or Nix, we could of caught this earlier!

He pulls his hand out of my grip and punches the wall beside me, back when I was being hurt by Dario that would of scared me because I would have flash backs but I didn't even flinch but I grab his hands and pulls him into a hug while he sobs.

Jacqueline: I know your scared Clay and worried but punching stuff isn't going to help the situation, getting angry isn't going to help and neither is crying, I'm not saying don't cry but for Maeve sake don't show it around her, she doesn't need to see that because she will just worry even more.

He pulls back and nods his head.

Aaron: Also punching stuff will lead to fixing stuff like my hospital wall there!

We turn and see Aaron smile at us slightly but I can tell he's annoyed that Clayton broken the wall.

Clayton: I will pay for the damages.

Aaron shakes his head.

Aaron: It's fine, we've had lots of holes in walls around the hospital from parents like yourself who are worried and angry, we are insured for it.

I smirk.

Jacqueline: Are we going to your office, we thought it was best not to talk about it in front of Maeve because it will only worry her more.