On our way

A/N: Hello there! I wanted to apologize for not uploading for weeks. I don't really have an excuse; I just wasn't feeling motivated enough to write. Corona has also kinda been in the way and I don't really know I just never got to writing another chapter.

But I was feeling it today, so here we are! Also, depending on where you are in the world, Happy New Year!! Already 2022, huh...

After we jumped, I immediately felt a cold rush of wind blowing against my face and through my hair. It would be nice, if I wasn't being chased by 4 goddamn children and just jumped out of a literal building.

I frantically waved my arms around, trying to keep my balance. Kawaki fell a little faster than me and landed earlier. He also landed exactly beneath me, however. "Whoaa Kawaki watch out!" I yelled to warn him.

I wasn't fast enough, because I tumbled upon him just as he turned around, searching for the thing he had to watch out for. Me. He just didn't see me quick enough. I therefore pushed us both to the ground and landed on top of him.

We both grunted as we tried to get up, which was proved to be more difficult than we originally thought. I attempted to push myself on my own feet my leaning on his chest, but he was not really staying still, so I quickly lost balance.

"What are you doing?!" said Kawaki in annoyance, I could see a faint blush on his cheeks. "Why did you land on top of me??" I glared at him, still trying to get off of him. "I'm trying to stand up, you dumbass. And if you wouldn't have landed exactly beneath me, I never would have landed on top of you."

While we were still struggling to get off of one another, I sensed the shinobi getting dangerously closer. They were not keen on jumping out of the building and took the stairs. I pushed both his arms on the floor besides his face, so he couldn't move them.

"Stay still for fucks sake!" I spoke. He immediately stopped moving and I quickly got off of him. "They are coming, we have to hurry up." I said after helping Kawaki on his feet. The boy nodded. "Okay, follow me." He then started running in the direction of a forest.

I followed him. "Do you know this place?" Kawaki chuckled. "Absolutely not. But we don't have many other options, do we?" I smiled. "Nope. No, we do not." We quickly entered the forest and took cover beneath the leaves.

We still ran a good amount of distance; however, I couldn't sense the Konoha shinobi anymore. My range wasn't too big, since I both in pain and exhausted, but big enough for us to not worry.

I leaned against a tree, panting. "I think we lost them. For now, at least." Kawaki stopped running as well. "Okay. That's good." Then there were no sounds, except for us gasping for breath, my incredibly fast beating heart, little birds chirping in the tree and leaves rustling in the wind.

We stayed like this for a while. Neither of us speaking, while catching our breath. Kawaki was the one to break the silence. "What happened after... you know." I looked up at him. His eyes were staring into empty space.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I knew what he was talking about, but I didn't want to admit it. I hide away from things, deny that they don't exist and avoid it. It has become second nature at this point.

His eyes then met mine. They were the exact same ones as so many years ago. A beautiful grey color. I wasn't fooling him with my question. "You know exactly what I mean." he said. I forced my eyes to look away from his. Literally anywhere else would do. Hiding.

"No, I don't." I lied. Denying.

I stood up and started walking further into the forest. "I'm getting hungry, we should go and find food." Avoiding.

I knew Kawaki wasn't buying my lie, but thankfully let it go. "Do you have enough energy to try and find a city or village with your nature energy?" he asked. I thought about it for a moment before answering. "Depends on how close we are. If it's further away I'll need more energy to locate it."

I continued. "I have this natural circle in which I always sense things, but I can forcefully expand it and sense things further away. The only thing is that that requires more energy. I think if I expand it right now, I can sense about 8 kilometers away. I won't have enough energy to actually go there, however."

Kawaki seemed to ponder about something before eventually saying "Do it." I deadpanned in response. "Did you not hear a single word I just said? I probably can't move if I do it." The boy nodded. "I know. I heard you. And I say do it."

I sighed. "How would that work out? We would have to wait here until I have energy again and the Konoha shinobi are not slow enough to just let that happen. We should walk and slowly regain our energy and afterwards I can sense for villages and cities."

Kawaki shook his head. "No, that will take too long. You will use your nature energy right now. Find out where we can get food and maybe shelter. I will bring us there, just because you won't have energy doesn't mean I won't have. I'll just carry you."

My face flushed red. 'Carry me?! There is no way in hell that is happening.' "Yeah, no absolutely not." I put my arms over each other and looked away. "I can walk perfectly fine on my own, thank you very much."

The boy flicked my forehead with his fingers. "No, you cannot. You just said you probably won't be able to move after sensing for cities or villages. So, I will carry you, problem solved. We need food and have to get out of here quickly anyway, there is no other choice."

And as much as I hated to agree, he was right. We don't have another choice. After thinking about it for a while I finally gave in. "Uurrghh finee!!" I complained as I threw my arms in the air. "But you better treat my body properly!"

This time it was Kawaki's turn to flush red. "Why would I not treat your body properly??" he frantically asked. I just shrugged and told him to be quiet, if I was doing this I had to be completely focused.

I sat down in a meditating position and closed my eyes. I focused on the little sounds of the leaves rustling in the wind around me. The birds chirping in trees. Little animals running over old branches.

I focused on the nature energy all around me. The air, the temperature, life forces of organisms. I also focused on my own body and mind. I could feel the blood rushing through my veins, the oxygen entering my lungs, saliva that was beginning to gather like a little pool in my mouth.

I then focused on my ability to move nature energy. I focused on moving the wind around me and felt a breeze caressing my cheeks. As I moved the nature energy around me the wind started picking up and a breeze turned into a gust of wind.

I could feel it blowing through my hair, tangling it. I eventually spread it out in all directions. 8 kilometers each way. I sensed Kawaki stumbling backwards because of the force of the wind. I scanned the surroundings, looking for a village or a city.

I could feel myself getting seriously tired, but I hadn't found anything yet. I had trouble remaining in my position, instead of falling to the ground. Yet I pushed through, I had to find us food and shelter.

When I was at my limit, very desperate and ready to give up, I saw it. A glimpse. But that was all I needed. I furrowed my eyebrows and pushed the nature energy that way, exceeding my limits.

And there it was. A village. Our rescue.

I immediately stopped sensing my surroundings and exhaustion hit me like a brick. I lost balance and fell backwards, silently bracing myself for the impact of my fall. However, it never came.

"Are you okay? Did you find anything?" I faintly heard Kawaki ask, he had caught me before I hit the ground. I didn't have the strength to open my eyes, but had one task remaining. "Just over 8 kilometers North-East is a village." I mumbled, hoping he could understand me.

I was then picked up by two strong arms and finally blacked out.