After the surgery

I'M BACK YALL!!

Thank you all so much for 1.3K reads, I can't believe people actually read this! I wrote a couple chapters during my vacation, I hope yall like them :)

Well then, stay safe and healthy yall, enjoy this chapter!

-------------------------------------------

I woke up in a hospital ward, screaming. I immediately sat up on my bed, gasping for breath.

'Oh right, I had surgery for the next phase. So my dream about that infinite space was me obtaining my new power? That means I have the ability to sense and manipulate nature energy now.' I thought as I looked around. The hospital ward was almost empty. There was one other bed occupied, but curtains surrounded it, so I couldn't see who was inside. I couldn't see any nurses either, but I did sense them near the room with nature energy.

I could sense a lot more with this power. I knew where things were in a wide area around the hospital ward. I sensed people, who I've never met before. I saw rooms, I've never known they even existed. I also sensed how powerful people were, on the other hand. And Kara had a lot of powerful underlings...

I was terrified. All of these powerful presences made me feel like I would die if I came close to them. Lucky for me, Jigen or any other Inner wasn't around. They were the ones that scared me the most. The mysterious person behind the curtains, on the other hospital bed also seemed pretty powerful.

The Outers were scary enough to make me tremble, though. I couldn't pinpoint where they were exactly, making it even scarier. To top it off, I could hear the screams of the prisoners in the very bottom of the dungeon. I grabbed onto my thin blanket, searching for any sign of safety.

"Make it stop. Please. How can I make it stop?" I whispered with tears in my eyes. I had no idea how to use this power, let alone knowing how to stop it. All I was learned, was hand-to-hand combat. I had only read about nature energy and chakra in the library, but shinobi used different techniques to obtain it. I simply got it planted into my body.

That's when I sensed two big presences at the entrance of the hospital ward. I quickly shoot my head towards the direction of the door with wide eyes, my mind filled with fear and anticipation. I was not surprised when Jigen and Amado opened the door though, they were powerful after all.

"Ah, you're awake, y/n." Jigen said as he walked towards my hospital bed. His presence was so overwhelming, it felt like I was drowning on air. Amado started checking my vitals. "How are you feeling? Any pain from the surgery?" his presence was also overwhelming, but more pleasant. It didn't feel like Amado would kill me at any second.

"Physically I don't feel anything out of the ordinary." I said. "Ehm... How can I turn this power off? Its terrifying, I'm constantly hearing and feeling things I don't want to." I said carefully as I looked at my white hospital sheets.

I could feel the atmosphere change. "Are you trying to run away again?" Jigen said with a stern voice. I could feel his blood lust intensify, causing me to tremble in fear. 'Again? I don't recall running away from anything in Jigen's presence. Except for in that dream, but that was just a dream. Besides, Jigen doesn't know about what happened there. Unless... don't tell me Jigen snuck into my mind? Is that even possible?!'

"Wh-What? N-No! I'm not running away, I swear!" I quickly said. "I just... I don't want to sense all of these things." Jigen stayed silent, but I could tell he wasn't pleased. Amado just sighed and asked. "What things are you sensing? We have to know if surgery was successful. After that you can train to get the next phase under control. You'll only learn how to use it, you can't turn it off."

I looked at Amado with wide eyes. 'I can't turn it off? Why not? I don't want to feel this forever! I don't want to know how to use it if I can't turn it off, what the hell?! What use will it be to me otherwise?' I swallowed, before trying to describe what I could sense.

"I- uhh- I can sense people, where they are, how strong they are and what their intent is. I can also sense where rooms and objects are. I can hear the- uhh- the screams from people in the dungeon and I think I was able to feel their pain when I was asleep."

Amado nodded. "From what I can tell, the surgery was successful. You've obtained the next phase, all you have to do now is master it. After that we'll see what the next step is." Jigen looked pleased, the atmosphere was now bearable. "Good work. You will train with the Outers this afternoon to test it out. After that, you will follow the schedule I mentioned before your surgery." He then walked away, leaving me with Amado.

Kawaki POV

'What the hell was that about?!' I've been in here for a couple hours now, after my ascension to the next phase. I don't really know what it is, Amado didn't tell me anything about it. I was supposed to be recovering, but then I heard someone scream, which caught my attention.

I couldn't move my curtains, but I could see through a small gap. I saw a girl, sitting on a hospital bed. She looks... nice. I think she was around my age. I recognized her from somewhere, it was at the top of my tongue, but I couldn't pinpoint it. She looked scared...

Then Jigen and Amado entered the room. I could hear Jigen say. "Ah, you're awake, y/n." 'So her name is y/n?' I thought to myself. They had this conversation about her new powers and a next phase. I didn't understand anything about it.

'The next phase? I thought only I had that, is she also a Vessel? No, I became the Vessel for the Karma seal. You have to succeed in some weird ritual to get that seal. As far as I know, everyone died in those weird bags, except me... Wait. There was someone else. Someone who didn't get the seal, but also didn't die. Is that y/n? It's the only option! Whoa, I can't believe I finally met her. I thought she died somewhere these last years. She still looks exactly the same as she did in that bag.'

I watched as Amado brought y/n out of the hospital ward to her room. I had no idea where her room was, of course, but now I know at least which direction it could be. She had to go train with the Outers, apparently. It was already clear I wouldn't be seeing her again, otherwise we already would've met. I don't think I was supposed to even see her in the first place, yet here I was.

'I hope y/n is going to be okay, she didn't look so good.' I thought, before a nurse came to check up on me.