• S H I J U N •

Start from the beginning

" You woke, up early." He cleared his throat, taking a bite of the bread.

Aarushi stretched her arms out, cracking her knuckles and replied, " Hmm, did an early morning shoot. You know who sponsored it? " She asked, showing some makeup brands' products. It was a bridal shoot, sponsored by a reputed brand. Hence, she was required to dress in her own wedding dress, and re-create her own wedding makeup.

But Arjun was least interested about that, he took another sip from his coffee and spoke, " You could have woken me up. Main help kar deta." He pointed at her heavy dress.

" Couldn't help to NOT wake you up, when you looked so cute while sleeping." She chuckled.

Arjun had the habit of sleeping on his stomach and that's what Aarushi would always find cute. He watched her, as she undid her bun, letting her red streaks dangle on her shoulders. It took all his energy and the screaming of his inner ego, to not let his fingers run through her locks.

He scoffed, " Say it a clearly na, that I wouldn't be of any help. Just a boring engineer. That's what I am." He was about to put the last piece of bread in his mouth, when a hand stopped him.

" Let's talk it out Arjun. What's bothering you since yesterday?"

"As if you don't know."

" I really don't." Aarushi crossed her arms, across her chest and shifted a little on the couch, folding her legs.

Like everything else in the room the couch told a story, a testimony to the personality of its owner. It was a piece made more for style than comfort, a moderately priced copy of some truly talented designer. Another sponsored product by some furniture brand. Underneath the blotches from casually dropped food it had been cream. Aarushi had aspired to a clean look, minimalist, pale, but lacked the self discipline not to eat fish curry and naan on it, glued to her Bollywood movies.

Imitating her actions, Arjun replied, " I read Darshan's message before he deleted it."

It was now Aarushi's turn to gasp, her expressions turning into horror. She blinked at him, while he blinked back at her. After what felt like an eternity to him, she finally spoke, but not what he had expected.

" Kâmëënâ Darshan."

" He knew about your project, and I didn't. You are going to Mumbai aur tumne mujhe batana bhi sahi nahi samjha? " He said, popping the last piece of bread in his mouth.

" Are you pissed because I hid it from you, or that Darshan knew and you didn't? " she squinted her eyes.

"Both." Arjun announced. Ofcourse he was pissed by the fact, that Aarushi felt it right to tell Darshan first, and not him. Behen bol-bol ke sar pe chhad chuka hai. He thought to himself.

Aarushi huffed, "Listen, I was about to tell you-"

"-when? Jab tum Mumbai chali jaati. " He cut her inbetween. Gulping down the coffee in one go, he put the mug down.

" I'll be back in a month." She stated the facts.

" Exactly! A whole freaking month. How on earth will I manage without you?" He raised his voice in alarmingly. " And you didn't even discuss it with me."

Despite, her anger, Aarushi found the panicked-stricken Arjun too adorable. Suppressing her smile, she asked, " so now I need to ask for your permission?"

Clicking his tongue, Arjun shook his head. " I'm just saying, that I atleast deserved to know. It has always been about you, Aarushi. Your parents, your fears, your life."
He stood up and continued, " But what about me? What about my choices, meri opinions ka kya... Don't they matter? "