15

Later that day, Tony, Bruce and Maddie are all in Bruce's lab inspecting Loki's scepter. Well it was mainly Tony and Bruce inspecting the scepter while Maddie sat on one of the desks eating M&Ms.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process." Bruce speaks without taking his eyes off the scepter.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops." Tony looks over at the man.

"All I packed was a tooth brush." Bruce jokes, to which Tony smiled.

"You know, you should come by STARK TOWER sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land."

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem." Bruce mutters, turning around and working on the desk beside Maddie.

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises." Tony says as he pokes Bruce with a miniature electrical prod, to which Bruce yells an Ow. Steve Rogers walks into the lab, looking quite pissed at Tony.

"Is everything a joke to you?" He scowls at Tony, causing the room to go quite.

"Funny things are" Tony smirked.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doctor." Steve says turning to Bruce. Bruce shrugging, not really wanting to be involved in the conversation. Maddie however was finding it entertaining, still casually eating her M&Ms.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve adds.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

After another while of arguing Steve finally leaves the lab, allowing the two men to continue their work.

"That's the guy my dad never shut up about? Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice." Tony muttered, robbing an M&M from his daughter's hands.

"Hey hey, let's not be rude here. How would you feel if one day your fighting in a war and the next you become a meme." Maddie smiled at her father.

"Mads, why don't you go explore this place. Kids like exploring, right?". Tony turned and robbed another M&M.

"Fine...but I'm taking my M&Ms" Maddie jumped off the desk and strutted towards the door, her candy grasped in her right hand.

*******
Walking into the briefing room, Maddie was in awe. Yes she was here earlier but she didn't get to have a proper look around. There was rows and rows of computers with different people working at them with headsets. Standing against the railing, Maddie could see everything, even some guy playing Galaga. Looking over, she saw Thor and Nick Fury finishing a conversation, Thor now walking towards Maddie and Nick walking into the sea of computers. Leaning against the railing and looking out at the computers, Thor sighed.

"Rough day?" Maddie questioned. Thor slowly turned his head and looked down at the young girl beside him.

"You can say that" he shrugged.

"You want an M&M?"

"What is this M&M you speak of?" Thor looked confused as Maddie lifted her packed of M&Ms to the god.

"Just eat one dude. My arms getting tired." Maddie rolled her eyes. Sticking his hand into the bag, Thor pulled out around six M&Ms. With a nod from Maddie, Thor threw back his head and tossed the colourful treats into his mouth. After a while of chewing, his eyes lit up.

"These berries are delicious, you must give me the seeds to grow them on Asgard."Thor yelled. Maddie now extremely confused. Finally deciding to just give the god the packet as he had already scoffed half.

"So tell me, daughter of Stark, what brings you to this spaceship? Do you have special abilities too?" Thor asked, munching down on the last of the M&Ms.

"Nah, me and my dad were supposed to have like a father daughter week while Pepper was away but he got called for this. This was so last minute, he couldn't get a nanny so he just brought me with him. It's cool though."

"Ahhh, understandable." Thor smiled down at the girl.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Ask me whatever you would like Lady Maddie".

"Can you set someone on fire?". Maddie peered up at the god.

"I don't know, maybe. I can do many things. I am an extremely powerful being". Thor yelled with his chest puffed.

"Cool" Maddie smirked. Twisting the locket around her neck between her fingers, Maddie stepped back from the railing. "I gotta bounce, I've got more people to bug. Later Thor". Maddie waved at the god and turned to leave the briefing room.

Maddie walked the long corridors, peering into each. Suddenly, the ground around her began to shake. Struggling to stand, Maddie fell to the floor. Explosion sounds were heard everywhere. Maddie was terrified to say the least.

Desperate for somewhere to hide, Maddie stood up and approached a big door at the end of the corridor, holding onto the wall for support. When she got to the door, she pushed it open and fell forward.

Inside was a giant glass container that looked.... Empty, leaving a hole in the floor of it. Maddie grew confused as she stood up and stepped more into the lab. With a gasp, Maddie stopped. Infront of the young girl was an image she may never get out of her head.

Agent Coulsons body on the floor, struggling to stay alive.