17: A Year After

It had been a nearly a year since Jakob's death and Violet was doing a little better

It had been a nearly a year since Jakob's death and Violet was doing a little better. She has spent the whole time crying up to last month. She even got into the habit of severe drinking. But Lily, Alec, Ellie, Layla, Jason and Daniel had all been there to help her through it. Lily was suffering as well but she didn't get as extreme as Violet did. Lily got so worried about her that she even thought about sending Violet to rehab to get over her severe drinking. In the end she decide not to as it would only makes Violet's mental health worse. It was safe to say that Jakob's death will always have a impact on Violet. He had been her rock for her whole life. He is the only rock in which had been there in her life the whole time. Whenever she needed to talk to someone he was there. Even when she returned to Dom and Mia, he was only a call away. Next week was Violet's birthday and it was safe to say she was struggling a little with Jakob not being here.

Violet was down town walking around when she saw Daniel.
"Hey Violet." Daniel says as they walk towards each other.
"Hey Daniel." Violet says as they hug.
"How have you been?" Daniel asks.
"I've been a lot better." Violet answers. "I'm starting to get back to being myself. What about you? How have you been?"
"I've been good." Daniel says.
"So anyone new is your life?" Violet asks as they start walking.
"Not yet. What about you?" Daniel responds.
"Not for me either." Violet says. "I'm sure you will find the right person on day tho D! I mean you are a amazing person."
"Thanks Vi. You to." Daniel says.
"I got to get going. I was meant to be home 10 minutes ago. Don't want Lily worrying for to long." Violet says with a laugh.
"Yeah okay. We have to meet up soon though." Daniel says, pointing at her which makes her laugh.
"I promise you we will." Violet says before they hug. "I'll see you around."
"See you around Vi. Message me when you get home." Daniel tells her.
"Will do same with you." Violet says before walking away.

After around a 20 minute walk Violet finally makes it home. She walks into the house and Lily straight away stands up.
"Violet! Thank god your okay where have you been?" Lily asks as Violet puts her keys into the bowl "you were meant to be home half an hour ago!"
"I know. I met up with Daniel. I forgot to message you in sorry." Violet says hanging her bag on the banister.
"Next time message me okay?" Lily tells her as Violet hangs up her coat and taking off her shoes.
"I will don't worry." Violet says hugging Lily.
She was kind off annoyed at the fact that she was being treated like she was still a child. She understood why though and just let it go.
"I'm going to go make us some tea." Lily tells her.
"Okay and I am going to go get some rest as I am a bit tired." Violet replies.
"Okay I will come up and get you when tea is ready." Lily tells her.
"Okay." Violet says before she goes upstairs.
When Violet was about to go to sleep her phone goes off. She groans before looking to see that Alec was calling her. She lets out a small smile before answering it.
"Hey Alec!" Violet says.
"Hey Vi!" Alec replies smiling.
"How are you?" Violet asks.
"I'm good how are you?" Alec replies.
"I'm good." Violet replies.
"I was just calling to see if you want to hangout tomorrow?" Alec asks.
"Sure I would love to." Violet says.
"Okay. I better go." Alec tells her.
"Okay see you tomorrow." Violet says before hanging up.
She puts her phone on her bedside table before taking a nap. Later on she goes downstairs for tea. She then goes back upstairs and goes to sleep again.