DEC 30-HOLIDAY

-A/N: Hey guys so this is my attempt at the winter cheers, this week is themed around the holidays, unfortunately I do not celebrate Christmas, so I am sorry if I depicted something wrong, I'm sorry if I didn't give the Christmas feels justice, but I wanted to join the Christmas and NYE feels since I love the new year's, and this is uploaded very close to the new year's. So I hope you enjoy.

(some things might be out of character but I don't really care, its how I depict them in my mind)

*****

Despite both the fire captain and the OB's excitement at spending their first Christmas and new years as a wedded couple, they were extremely busy.

Unfortunately, they were not able to decorate their apartment from the beginning of the month like they wanted to.

Suddenly all pregnant women in Seattle are giving birth in the month of December, and the fires were like a whack amole, put out one fire here, another springs there.

They were both exhausted and tired, but were very ecstatic when they were given the last week of the year off so they could spend it together with their loved ones.

Today was Christmas eve, the first day of their off week.

They finally got the chance to start decorating.

Stockings with each of their names were hung on the fireplace, tinsels placed aesthetically on the mantlepiece, a wreath on their front door, Christmas souvenirs and snow globes of all sizes placed all around their side tables and shelves.

All that's left is the tree and mistletoe.

Maya was put on the task of getting the tree ornaments and lights out of the box and organize them so they can decorate the now assembled tree together.

"CARINA!" yelled Maya in a needy voice from the living room.

When she got no response she tried again.

"BABE?" she yelled again, grunting a little bit frustrated at the situation she's in.

"Yes, yes bambina I'm here!" Carina came quickly from the bathroom.

As soon as she looked at Maya she stood in her tracks threw a hand over her mouth and tried to stifle a laugh.

Maya was stood in the middle of the living room, the Christmas tree lights tangled around her small form, whenever she tugged at the lights in attempt to free herself, the wires squeezed a part of her body.

When the brunette burst out in loud laughter Maya couldn't help herself but smile a little seeing how her wife was enjoying her misery.

"Help meeeee ouf-" she grunted as she was frustratingly pulling the lights in all directions making it tighten around her chest and the mini light bulbs dig into her side.

As Carina's laughter died down she slowly made her way towards the struggling blonde.

"Relax bambina" she said in a low husky voice as she tugged Maya closer to her body with the lights tied around her.

She slowly leaned in, eyes never leaving the blonde's big blue eyes that she loses herself in, until she looked down at the now parted lips.

When their lips finally touched they both melted into the kiss, despite how many times they have kissed, it always felt like a gazillion butterflies go off in their chests and stomachs.

What they have is so unique a pure neither of them thought they would find their perfect person.

When Maya realized they were getting carried away, and she was still confined between the lights tightly wrapped around her body she broke the kiss, despite how much she didn't want to.