||I like you||

• Jughead confessing his feelings to Archie
• We're in heartbreak hotel today 
• established Varchie 
• asexual Jughead

"Jughead, it's Prom. Come on, you have to come, with someone or alone" Archie begged, seeing the poster. Jughead froze, pulling back from his locker as he shook his head.

"I'm not going to play third wheel with you and Veronica. Archie, dancing and parties that just... that's just not for me, okay?"

"Yeah, I know, panic attacks, but it's gonna be fun. Jug, this is the last thing that we all do together as a class. Come on, please? Pretty please?"

And Jughead couldn't say no to those puppy eyes. Archie had this... something on him. And this something had Jughead wrapped around his little finger. He just couldn't say no to him.

Jughead was asexual and had his problems with love in childhood, maybe that's why it took him so long to realize that he actually just liked Archie. Like-like him.Like as he wanted to hold his hand. Like as he wanted to kiss him. Like as he wanted to slow dance with him. Like as he wanted to move in with him and be more then friends there. He was technically already living with him and after graduation, they wanted to move in together while going to college but that was not enough.

Like as he wanted to be his boyfriend, give him presents and cherish him like he was the best thing in the world because he was. Archie was an amazing person, who maybe didn't see it, but in Jughead's eyes he was truly amazing.

Archie was perfect.

"We need to hurry up. V is going insane on me because we keep on letting her wait. Come on, Juggy" Archie called, hammering on the bathroom door.

"Just a moment. This- Dammit. I can't get the tie to-" Jughead groaned, fumbling with the black fabric.

"Come out and let me help you" Archie said through the door. Jughead sighed, opening the bathroom door and suddenly standing so close to him. Archie stepped even closer before tying his tie while Jughead tried to keep the blush down. When did he end up like this, blushing just because they were physically close? They used to stand in the same shower without a problem. Now he couldn't even sleep with him in the same bed in case the air mattress got another hole. Now he couldn't even be close enough to Archie to feel his breath on his skin because it made his face so red. Now he couldn't even see him smile and laugh because it caused butterflies in his stomach — and a lump in his throat.

They were so close. Jughead could lean in and he could press his lips on Archie's and they could kiss and it would all be so amazing.

But he didn't.

Archie was on a date with Veronica.

He didn't want to ruin the night.

He didn't want to ruin their friendship.

Archie smiled as he finished and straightened out his clothes.

"There you go"

"Thanks" Jughead smiled softly, scratching the back of his neck. After Jughead had grabbed his crown beanie, despite Archie's protests, the two headed downstairs. Fred took a photo of both of them before releasing them into the late evening. Archie drove them over to the Pembroke to pick up Veronica. Jughead used the time to move to the backseat because Archie told him to — he couldn't have Veronica's dress squashed. During the rest of the drive to Riverdale High School, Archie's hand laid on Veronica's thigh, squeezing it softly.

Jughead wasn't the jealous type, he wouldn't say so himself. Yes, he did punch people when they said something mean about people that he cared about. And yes, he liked to glare rather easy at people. And yes, he just wanted to rip this hand of Veronica's thigh to hold it himself but he wasn't jealous.