||Distance||

• Our two boys having to deal with COVID-19 and quarantine
• TW: anorexia, abuse, alcoholism
• Fred is kind of an asshole here

Jughead stood in front of Archie's door, impatiently knocking on it while yelling at him to get ready. He was about to already turn around and leave, to go to school on his own, when the door finally opened and an Archie stumbled out.

"Finally" Jughead grumbled, watching as his boyfriend drove a hand through his hair "You're late. Five minutes"

"Sorry, Juggy. I couldn't find my mask. I really didn't want to keep you waiting" Archie said, walking over to him. He cupped his face and pulled him in a kiss.

"It's alright, let's just get to school, please. I don't want to be late" Jughead said. He grabbed Archie's hand and then they started walking together. Yes, COVID-19 was spiking like never before but they were practically living together. If one of them had it, then it was impossible that the other didn't, so they didn't care much about physical affection towards one another. And Jughead got a lot more affectionate ever since the first lockdown. He always wanted to hold hands, snuggling up to Archie any chance that he got. On the other hand, he had become more moody too and Archie was becoming more fed up with each passing day. It wasn't that Archie would tell him that though. God, he loved this idiot with his whole heart and he knew that it wasn't his fault that he had mental health problems. But just the prior day, Jughead snapped at him to leave the trailer because he had problems to solve his physics homework. He did apologize about it though.

After school, Archie went to Jughead's locker to wait for him — just like they usually did. Ten minutes later, he received a text from him, apologizing because he was stuck at the principal's office.

Archie: Oh my God. What did you do?? Are you hurt? Is someone else hurt?

Jughead: My God. Chill. I'm fine

Archie: You said that last time too, while you were standing in front of me with a broken rib and black eye

Jughead: The other one looked worse though back then. Just wait another second, okay? I will be right there

Jughead came around the hallway just five minutes later. He drove a hand through his hair, pulling off his mask at the same time.

"Sorry, for being late, again" Jughead apologized, walking up to him to kiss him.

"How does the other one look?"

"It wasn't that bad of a fight. I'd hardly call it a fight at all, actually. Plus Weatherbee lectured me about keeping my distance to other people"

"Well, yes. It's to keep you safe. I'd like you to stay healthy too"

"But we don't count. We literally sleep in the same bed and cuddle and kiss and that. It would be a miracle if only one of us has it" Jughead mumbled. He walked up to his locker and tried to open it, cursing when the door wouldn't butch. After a quick hit it did open though — and then there was Archie telling him to not just hit things that don't work. It saved the problem with his locker every time though. Jughead quickly put his books in his locker before turning back around to face Archie.

"Can we please just forget about stupid school and Corona and bullies and just go home?"

Home.

'Home' used to be a trailer. A small living space, where Jughead had to be worried about the fact that his father might come in any minute. His father, who was probably drunk then and wouldn't shy away from hurting him.

But that wasn't his home anymore.

His home was Archie's house now. His home was a loving family. His home was where his heart belonged — to Archie. Archie, who was the Football captain and wouldn't let any harm come to him. Archie, who protected him at all costs.