||He can't be dead||

• major character death
(Ready to shed some tears?)
• The Oneshot hits different with the song ("in this shirt") playing

"Okay, guys, Jughead went missing two days ago. There's a really low chance of finding him if we don't within today. Archie, Veronica, FP and I will go South. Toni, Cheryl, Kevin and Moose go West. Sweat Pea, Fangs, T-Bone and Joaquin East" Betty explained, voice steady.

"Everyone has their phones, right?" FP asked, stepping forward, and at least one of each group held up a phone "okay, if you find him or just something from Jug, please call me, Archie, Veronica or Betty. If we haven't found anything till 10pm, we will go home and continue tomorrow" they nodded and then started heading in the different directions.

"Okay, not that I'm not worried about Jughead, but how is it going in paradise?" Kevin asked, wiggling his eyebrows at Toni and Cheryl. Cheryl scoffed and the other half rolled her eyes, grabbing Cheryl's hand before quickening her pace. He sped up as well and soon was at the same high as them "Come on, we can search for him and still talk, right?" Toni stopped walking and turned around to look Kevin straight in the eyes.

"Kevin! Just shut up for once, please. Jughead has been missing for two days by now! We have no idea if he's fine or if he's dead right now or kidnapped and getting tortured! So just shut the fuck up!" once finished with the rent, she grabbed Cheryl's hand and continued to walk around. Jughead had been her friend since kindergarden and they had no idea what tney would do without him anymore, especially Toni. Jughead's her boss but also her friend - a fucking good friend.

Fangs held Sweat Pea's hand while they were walking through the forest, yelling Jughead's name every few seconds. T-Bone and Joaquin went a little bit ahead already, maybe 20 feet or so.

"Guys! Guys come here!" Joaquin suddenly yelled, picking something up from the ground. Fangs jogged over to him and then saw that he was holding nothing else but Jughead's beanie in his hands. He searched for his significant initials, just to be extra sure that it's his, before calling FP. He pulled the hem of the beanie around, slowly twirling it around his fingers until he found the sign.

J.J.III

Undeniable. It was Jughead's. He took a sharp breath, taking out his phone and diamond FP's number.

"Fangs? What's up?"

"We found his beanie"

FP got a call from Fangs. After he found out that Fangs had found his beanie, he called Betty and Toni as well, so that they could all meet up with Fangs' group. Once at their spot, FP inspected the beanie, making sure once again that it was really his before they continued to search east.

"Jughead!" Archie yelled again but just like all the times before no answer. No one answered those past two days. It had already started raining again and it was dark, so Archie and the others had put on their raincoats and flashlights. Somehow, he couldn't help but think of IT, and the fact that Jughead loved the book.

Even though they went the same direction now, they parted nevertheless. The girls to the left, Archie and the rest to the right. Toni and Betty had hurried forward a bit, so all Archie could see was their yellow coats. Suddenly one of the dropped to the ground.

"Everything okay??" he yelled from afar, running over to them.

"Yeah-" Betty breached heavily, helping Toni up "Toni just tripped and almost fell down..." she trailed off, shining down with the flashlight "Archie, don't come closer" he stopped, looking at them.