Found

Y/N POV

A figure scrambled out the balcony behind us. I whipped my head forward.
"Now Drista!"

She sparked a packet of chemicals and threw it onto the roof of the inn.
Nick ran over the tiles to us.
"COME ON SLOW POKE!"
I shouted mockingly.

But his face never lost his panic.
Oh no.
The roof burst into pink flames yet still two figures leapt through the fire.
I must admit I wasn't expecting to find us so soon.
"Drista, Puffy you go off to eastern side of the river. Look for WaveRider the boat and get it ready!"

They nodded and jumped onto a different roof. Sorry darlings.
"HEY GEORGE! YOU WHAT WE USED TO CALL YOU? A PANTS WETTER!"
One of the figures swiftly moved over the roofs.
Good. They're splitting up.

An arrow cracked a tile near Drista's foot. She yelped back.
I shrugged and mouthed a sorry. They whipped around and started running.
"Minx go to the south. You know what to do."
She dived down and started running on the balcony railings of houses and apartments. Even now I could see how the shadows seemed to bend in her favour.

Nick broke his sprint next to me. His skin was practically glowing from using his power.
Just don't let Dream touch him.
Simple enough.
He spun his iconic blades on their chains. I whirled my scythe.
"Open that bag... take one and then pass this way."
I whispered.

He reached in, then handed it to me.
A thud and tiled breaking snapped our heads up. Dream stood tall across from us. His infamous mask securely over his face. Axe in hand.
"Did you really think...you could get away that easily?"

In a flash he swung forward at us. I countered while Sapnap attacked but he managed to dodge both. Dream sliced up and caught Sapnap's arm. He winced.
I smashed my elbow into Dream's jaw.

He doubled back. Sapnap sent a harsh flame straight at Dream. He circled his arms and created a wind barrier.
"Ohhh I see, you liking your hold on your power Sapnap? Trust me I'll make sure it's the last time."

I glanced to his side.
I could leave him. Run and still make it.
But as I watched his heaving body, blood dripping from his forehead, limp shoulder, he was still trying to shield me.
I can't.

So I did something I hadn't since I ran. I breathed in and focused.
Another slam from Dream's axe rang out on the roof, shattering tiles.
A small light entered my mind.
There.

"I'd be careful Dream..."
I willed the substance to make its way to my command, an animal skull. The bones shattered into tiny, deadly pieces.
"Cause I swear I'll fold you like an omelet asshole."

I lifted my hand and sent them flying at him.
He spun his axe around, shattering them as he slowly made his way to us. Three lodged in his mask. Two in his leg, he stumbled.
"Sapnap, Now!"
I shouted as I took a bite of the fruit. Dream's shoulders lowered.

My vision spiralled from on the roof to down on the ground. Nick swayed next to me. I grabbed his hand and started running.
Chorus Fruit. Thank you Aunt Puffy.

"That was great! How's you know that it would teleport us to the ground?"
"I totally knew how to work them it was not luck at all. Keep moving!"
We made our way through alleys and dark corners.

A large boom sounded from the eastern side of the river.
"Now that's a bad sign."