Knighted Quest

Y/N POV

"And so that is why the navy and your region, George, is so important. Clay, it's always good for you to plan quarterly visits to each region. To supervise production."

Clay's mother, Queen Puffy, said as we wrote down our notes. At least most of us did.
She let us out for a break and we went out to the rest of the town surrounding the castle.

I grabbed a basket. George and Dream were running from each of the stalls. Looking at all the different things on sale. Spices from far lands.
Salts and fish from the eastern region where George's family ruled. He gagged at the familiar stench and Clay laughed at his reaction. So much that he fell to the floor wheezing.

Some stalls sold medicine like herbs and healing potions as well as potions of luck, joy and ingredients for them. Those came from Sapnap's western region which mainly dealt with all products from the hell we call the Nether.

"Pandas?"
I asked paying for some grapes and cheese. His hazel eyes snapped open. He stretched his arms away from behind his head.
"Yeah?"

"Why don't you pay attention in class?"
He cheekily smiled.
"Oooohh, are you spying on me in class Y/N? Got a little crush?"
He joked but I still blushed madly.

"Course not."
I mumbled.
His smirk gave me confidence.
"And if I did? What are you going to do about it? Propose again?"

He winked at me.
"Naturally."
"But why don't you make notes?"
I said trying to change the subject quickly.
He seemed to think for a moment. His bandana slipped slightly so I shifted it back into place.

I had not thought of how close it would place me to him. We were inches apart, I could see the honey in his hazel eyes. I knew I should stop staring but I couldn't help it. His cheeks dusted with a slight pink.

"HEY LOVEBIRDS!"
Clay's voice made us peek up and scramble away from one another.
He and George were holding hands waving us to come.

"WE'LL BE LATE FOR OUR PARENTS ARRIVAL!"
That's right.
The lords and the King were arriving back from their quest. We were just eight years old.

"To celebrate receiving her knighthood the kingdom will have a quest to show her full capabilities. All knights are invited to join us if they so choose."
Dream said, sitting back into his throne.

I got up from my kneeling position.
These memories need to stop.
Sapnap quickly grabbed my arm.

He guided me to my throne.
"Get off!"
I whispered harshly.

He whispered back.
"He'll try kill you on this quest."