Third Round

Sapnap POV

The top of her scythe poked out of my shield mere inches from my nose.
She pushed harder. The crack widened. I elbowed up.
The shield slammed into her.

She stumbled back. I twisted my blade, sending it straight for her ankles. Y/N jumped over it. She looked back.
I winked to her and yanked.

While she was distracted by one blade I sent the other into a platform on the other side of the arena. I could see her face flush in anger.
A beauty.

I quickly checked my arm. A cut but not too deep.
"AAAAH!"
I screamed as she kicked me off the platform.
How did she get here?

I shot my blade and it lodged into the platform. I climbed the chain. Scanning the arena she seemed to have disappeared.
"Oh sweethearrrrt...where are youuu?"

I swung around.
There.
Her E/C eyes met mine just as I smashed into her.
I have to win. Whoever their champion there's no doubt he's ruthless.
I won't let her get hurt by some gladiator wanna be.

I dodged and parried. She went up so I ducked and kicked her legs so she fell.
"My own moves against me?"
She joked but I could hear bitterness there.

I hated it. I hated that she hated me. If only she understood why I did what I did.
She sliced through the air at me. I lodged my blade into a higher platform and leapt over her scythe and her body.
I yanked it down.

I shoved her onto the ground. She fell, heaving. Baby hairs sticking with sweat to her forehead. The gash ,while it was healed, still bleed through her pants.

I walked slowly toward her. Used my blade to lift her chin. I had won.
But my smile vanished.
Her E/C eyes glared up at me. Filled with absolute hatred. Raging anger.
But as I looked closer I could see the pain, disappointment and hurt in her.

The hurt I had placed there. My eyes faltered to the scar across her eyebrow.

A blur and a sharp stab of pain.
Crack!
I dumbly lifted my hand to my nose. Broken.
She brought her scythe down. I rolled but it ripped my sleeve off.

She made heavy blows continuously. All I could do was dodge and parry.
W-where'd this energy come from?
I tried to jab at her shoulder but she swiftly moved away from it.

Just as I swung my blades to go on offence she stuffed her hand into her pocket.
I tugged the chain so the blade would fall onto her. She opened her hand and blew.
My vision quite literally became red and blurry.

I can't...see...
I heard the wind move and then something sat in my shoulders. I harshly scratched at the object and found soft thighs.
What?!

Before I could process, Y/N pulled her upper body backwards and tightened her grip on my neck with her thighs.
Any other situation and this would be heaven.
Focus you idiot!
Next thing I felt my body crash into the floor.

My ribs are definitely broken.
I coughed violently. My eyes still blurry from that red dust.
Y/N brought her scythe to my neck.

She smiled and spoke, still searching for more air.
"I...will...never...be hurt...by you...again."

Thanks for all the support on my chapters everyone! If I could just remind you all to vote for my chapters and comment it is most appreciated. And as always I will see you...IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! Phoenix out.🖤