"A few more minutes please." I say and the waiter nods, before walking away. 

"What were you thinking of getting?" James asks as I pick up the menu and have a read. 

"No idea... you?" 

"Probably a Capricciosa." 

"I feel like something plain..." 

"Margherita is the best option." James says and I nod. 

"Actually yeah, I haven't had one in years." 

"Then it's settled." James says just as the waiter comes back over. It's like he can read our minds. 

"Alright you guys ready?" 

"Yep, can I get a Margherita." I say and the waiter nods, whilst writing down my order. 

"And can I get a Capricciosa with no anchovies please." 

"Yep. Is that all?" 

"And a bowl of chips." I say and James raises an eyebrow at me. 

"Are you gonna even eat all that?" 

"I am pretty hungry so yes." I say and James nods as the waiter walks off with our order. 

"Alright, we'll see." He says and I roll my eyes. 

"I'd like to see you eat a whole pizza, let alone me." 

"You do have a point there, but I can see why you ordered the bowl of chips." He says, taking a sip of his coke and I smile. 

The lunch goes pretty well. 

The pizza was beautiful, it was like I was in Italy, it was that good. 

Even the bowl of chips was good. Maybe because I was hungry and anything tastes good when you're hungry. 

The conversation did not stop between James and I, and that's what I love about our friendship. We both don't shut up, and could talk for hours upon hours about many random things. 

Once we finished our meals, we started the hour and a half car ride home... 

"So when will I see you next?" James asks as he walks me to my front door and I sigh. 

"I dunno." I say and James nods. 

"Better be soon." 

"Of course it will, you can't go two days without seeing me." 

"Can't deny that." He chuckles and I smile. 

"Thanks for today, I really enjoyed it." 

"You're welcome Tahls. If you must know, I love doing these day trips with you." 

"I love doing them with you too." I say and he smiles. 

I pull him in for a hug, before I head inside." 

"Ahh she's back!" Em says running over to me and pulling me in for a hug, and I chuckle. 

"Miss me?" I ask and Em smiles. 

"Of course!" 

"Where's Marcus?" 

"Out with the boys, so it's just us two tonight! You gotta tell me all about today." 

"Okay." I say with a smile. "But let me get changed first." 

"Okay, don't take too long though, I've been bored out of my brains ever since Marcus left." She says and I laugh, as I run up the stairs and into my bedroom, shutting the door behind me. 

I chuck some casual shorts on and a t-shirt before taking a seat on my bed and sighing to myself. 

I flop back onto my bed and smile. 

James is just an angel. I have never met any guy like him. Kind, caring and sweet. 

He makes me feel so special, and I admire that about him. 

I admire the fact at how much he admires me. 

I start to get the giddy feeling. The deep feeling in your gut, where you finally realise that you like them. 

Damn, I haven't felt like this since Josh.... I think, then I freeze. 

"I haven't felt like this since Josh...." I repeat as I start to feel my heartbeat quicken. 

"Shit." I say sitting up and putting my head in my hand. 

This can't be good. 

If I feel the same way I felt about Josh, with James, something bad is ought to happen between us. 

Every, single, time I have felt this way, it has ended with me getting my heartbroken. 

I am not going to let that happen again. 

I will not be heart broken for a third time. 

There is currently one hundred thoughts whirling through my mind, making me think about all the possible things that could happen with James, but I am brought out of those thoughts when I hear my phone vibrate. 

I pick it up from beside me and see that it's a message from James, and I sigh. 

James Worpel ❤️: 

Had a great time today bubs:) 

I sigh again, thinking about what I could possibly write back. Then I do the thing that I always do when I'm scared, push people away.... 

Tahlia:

Yeah same.

 ****

Damn.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter 

Also it's game day! 

Hoping my boys can get the win tonight! - but then again it doesn't matter since it's a praccy match haha

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out soon!!!