Epilogue - Never be the same again

Riven remains silent staring at the ceiling, barely illuminated by the lights coming from the street. Of course a hotel room in the middle of Erakylon, with the background of the kingdom's nightlife and neon lights wasn't the most romantic place in the world, but it was certainly the only way to have some privacy. He sighs, for a moment, then returns his focus to the sound of Musa's light snoring, resting against his chest. He watches her, as he strokes her long blue hair, she was infinitely beautiful when she slept... she was so peaceful and blissful, and he almost didn't hope to see her like this, again.

The fairy feels silently watched and opens first one, then the other eye, meeting Riven's attentive gaze as he watches her in religious silence.

"You can't sleep...?"

"You know I don't sleep that much. Besides... do you really think I can sleep knowing I have you in my arms, after more than two years?"

Musa smiles slightly, making her way over to him a bit and holding tightly to his muscular chest.

"I, on the other hand, have missed sleeping peacefully, and with you I can..."

"Yeah, I remember that. When we first slept together, we weren't engaged, not even bedfellows, friends was a bit of a stretch..."

Riven's speech is interrupted by her crystal clear laughter.

"How much goddamn chattering are you doing, Riven! What's happened to you since we broke up?"

Riven can't help but laugh. After a few moments, he kisses her forehead, sighing sadly.

"What happened to me was that I was alone. Alone with myself, and I found myself. But, after I found myself, what was I to do? I was missing an important piece, and I realized that breaking up was the stupidest thing we could have done!"

"I don't think so, you know?" she replies, looking up at him.

"Huh? You mean to tell me you had a good time in two years without me?" he says in a piqued tone.

"Yes and no. Well... they helped us clear our minds, figure out who we are and what we want. And among all the things we wished for was to get back together, Riven..."

Riven looked at her for a few minutes in silence: they hadn't gotten back together yet, at least not officially, yet there was already a willingness on the part of both of them to mend that relationship. They had seen each other on the occasion of Sky's birthday, which coincided with Riven's return to Red Fountain. Once they were in Eraklyon's castle, Musa and Riven didn't stop for a moment to look at each other, to smile, to look for each other... even if they shamelessly denied it!

After a few weeks, between breakfast together and a few walks, they had found themselves back on Sky and Brandon's home planet, for another occasion. Riven couldn't make it anymore, Musa couldn't either. Knowing, however, that they had their friends in the way, had pushed them to hide again, to find another "nest" of love...

At these thoughts, Riven thunderously bursts out laughing.

"Well? Did I say something so funny?!"

"No, no Musa... just..."

"What?" the fairy was starting to get annoyed.

"It all sounds like when we were well...dating all those years ago. We used to sneak around and deny everything, like two idiots!"

Muse thought about it and it was true. A shiver down her bare back makes her think back to everything: the slap, the dirty t-shirt, the concerts, the dinners out, the work together, the missions, the confessions, him helping her to denounce...Musa knew that all this was irreversible, because Riven had left an indelible mark on her.

"You're right..." she chuckles before stretching toward him and kissing him. She presses her breasts tightly against his chest, feeling her desire for him grow again. Riven encircles her from the hips making her get on top of him.

"You once told me that nothing is the same as before..." he whispers in her ear.

"Well, now I guess we're back to square one again..." she murmurs, stifling a groan as she feels him about to enter her.

"Marry me..."

"Wh-what?!"

Musa can't hold back the squeal of pleasure as soon as Riven penetrates her by holding her astride him.

"Musa, marry me... and you'll see that nothing will ever be the same again..."

The fairy lets herself go by clinging to him and moving her pelvis at his own pace. Riven, feeling her hide her face in the crook of his neck, feels damp... Musa was crying.

"Musa..."

"Yes... yes, I want to marry you..." she said as she continued to cry silently, leaving room only for her enjoyment, her joy at being with him again. She had missed him tremendously, she had missed calling him an idiot, she had missed making love to him, she had missed riding his motorcycle, she had missed going to concerts with him singing at the top of his lungs.

"Musa!" he shouts in pleasure "I'll...I'll propose to you at a concert...like...like you once confessed to me..."

"And I'll say yes to you again..."