Anger and Pain

How dare you show your face here after what you've done?!

He didn't understand if it hurt him more the slap she had just given him or those words; he didn't understand if it hurt him more the slap or her look full of anger, resentment, bitterness. He saw her fists clench so tightly that he could feel his own nails piercing her flesh. She was shaking, she looked like she had a fever but no, it was just anger.

"I can explain..." Stella interjected .

"No! I don't want to know anything! And if anyone has to explain to me it's him!" Musa said as she walked with great stride toward the school.

Stella was already upset that they hadn't heard from Bloom and Sky; plus, Musa was now furious with Riven, so much so that she slapped him in front of everyone.

Flora approached the young specialist, seeing that his lip was split, a bit bloody.

"Riven, let me..."

"I'm fine!" He says abruptly, walking away from the opposite side of Musa.

Flora sighs a little sad at the treatment she received just for trying to do good but Brandon reassures her by resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Let it go, it's not your fault. Instead, think about Musa, she seemed pretty shaken up."

The three fairies nod as they look towards the window of their dormitory. Musa, as her usual self, had locked herself in her room, crying and sobbing heavily. She didn't know what she was feeling as soon as she saw him... she was happy to know he was safe and sound but at the same time, she wished she could have done so much more than just slap him. She still ached from that mass attack the witches had reserved for her in Magix because of him. Yeah, it was all Riven's fault. He'd even refused to help her, hadn't he? Let's add pain upon more pain! She couldn't continue to take the piss out of her heart, though... it did beat, and hard, too, when she crossed his amethyst eyes. Still, that time, she wished her brain would tell her heart to knock it off and that it wasn't worth getting so worked up over some imbecile in a sword and cape.

She wipes away her tears as soon as she feels that the army of darkness was coming back. No, stop crying, fairy! You have to fight now!

"Musa, Magic Winx!"

Riven didn't understand. What on earth did that fairy that he had never cared about want? No, he didn't. Musa was pretty, a bit of a tomboy, but she was pretty. He liked her funny little pigtails, her pluck, her cute little ass. Was this the time to think about Musa's butt? Was now the time to admit that he wanted to grab her and kiss her aggressively and tell her he only wanted her for himself? No, now was not the time. Not now, not ever. Besides, why would he like someone he'd seen maybe once or twice?

He looked up as he mirrored himself in one of the building's windows to see the wound on his lip. Those filthy creatures had come back to bother again. He dons his specialist outfit and arms himself with his scimitar and other weapons.

***

They still beat the retreat. How long must this back-and-forth go on? They were all exhausted, only Flora still had the energy to try and bring Mirta back to her human self, and she succeeded. Stella yawns bored and tired and goes out to the balcony; she then looks down and finds a restless Riven walking under their window. The sun fairy giggles upon seeing him.

"Hey girls, I don't want to interrupt the idyll, but there's a handsome tenebrous man walking back and forth under our window here!"

Handsome tenebrous? What kind of nickname is that?! Stella always has some crazy shot when it comes to shit.