Chapter Two

When the divorce was first initiated, it was really strange for Dylan. She was not seeing her dad as much because he didn't have his own house and they hadn't gone through the courts yet.
After a while of having nobody to talk to who understood her, Dylan began to talk to her cousins "boyfriend", Jake. They weren't dating because they weren't allowed to, but everybody knew that they would the moment they were allowed to.
Now Jake, he didn't have a very pleasant life until he was about 14, which was when his aunt adopted him. Jake was the only person Dylan felt she could talk to about her problems because he hadn't had a very nice life previously.
Jake was the first person Dylan ever told about her cutting. She had been doing it for almost a year when she decided to tell him. When she told him, she was afraid he would flip out. To her surprise, he didn't. He actually told her that he used to himself.
When she read that text, her heart dropped.
She began to cry.
The time period that Dylan told Jake about her self mutilation problem, her anxiety was at its worst. She would break down and cry and not be able to say anything because her stomach would be cramping up with nerves.
That was one emotion nobody she knew had ever felt.
Dylan hated herself whenever that happened.
One time Dylan was at youth group with Jake and she lost it. She started crying right there and she didn't know what to do.
That night, she could tell something was off with herself. She just didn't feel right.
She was holding her hand over her mouth the whole time, and she hardly talked to anyone, even her cousin.
She was thinking about her dads' drinking problem, and was having flashbacks of times her dad lashed out and left without a goodbye, or sometimes, with Dylan in his arms.