Chapter One

Being a twelve year old can be a weird time. You begin to value time with your friends more than your family and long to be free from dictation by your parents. For Dylan, she longed for release since she was very little.
In October of the year Dylan was twelve, her parents finally got divorced and split up for good. Her dad was always leaving and getting drunk and high, and was never really there for her. Since she was little, she understood that her parents weren't happy and that they'd eventually separate.
After they parted ways, Dylan fell into a depression. She didn't even realize it was depression at first. She just thought it was normal to be sad that her parents were no longer together. Although she wasn't sad about the divorce, she felt like she had to be so people at school wouldn't think she was heartless or something obscure like that.
Although she wasn't sad about it, she became depressed for other reasons and began to hurt herself and talk to a guy who was in college that was trying to take advantage of her.
Dylan had very low self esteem, so a guy telling her she was beautiful and special made her feel wanted for once.
Now Dylan did have her best friend Jake, but he wasn't the friend that would compliment her because he was in love with her cousin.

Slowly, all her problems began to tangle together, turning her life into something she felt she could no longer handle.