YAN! ɪᴢᴜᴋᴜ ᴍɪᴅᴏʀɪʏᴀ

happy Christmas-Kwanzaa-Hanukka! I hope u guys like this because I personally really do feel proud of this one! Please read the warnings!

« gender neutral »

cw: depression, heavy HEAVY suicidal thoughts, slight body horror, physical and mucho mental abuse, attempted suicide, depressive thoughts, graphic descriptions of suicide and gore, reader has violent desires, manipulation, vomit mention, Kacchan vs Deku part 3, Bakugou and reader are NOT romantically involved they r just besties, reader is a civilian, one scene that could be taken (dub-con) sexually

words: ≈10,500

IN THE BASEMENT

    There is no light in the basement.

    It's gray and lifeless and at night you can barely see your own hand. The walls are rugged concrete, thick and sturdy. An ugly shade of grey that made you want to tear your eyeballs out the first time you woke up to it. The room would be totally barren if not for the faulty mattress resting in the corner of the room. That thing has springs sticking out of it and tufts of foam spilling out--- it's a pathetic little excuse for a comforter. The blanket atop the thing is even worse; it hardly covers your body, and even if it did, it would be too thin to stop the cold. There's a few colorful princesses on it that you don't recognize, and it's obvious the thing is many years old. Just calling it a blanket is generous.

    Day after day, staring at the same walls, same dents, same springs. Nothing ever changes in the basement. With little to no entertainment, starved of color and excitement, a human would go crazy. But, that is the necessary sacrifice for complete safety. At least, that's what Izuku thinks.

    It wasn't always this way. In another world, you and Izuku would laugh under the sun. Wiping vanilla ice cream off of the boy's cheek, his arm holding you close from your waist. On the sleepless nights when the dark was too scary for you to rest, his arms would wrap around you and hold you tight. The times when you'd lay in bed watching silly romantic comedies or trashy old horror movies. Those times when you and him would spend hours discussing how the wedding would look. Even when the world seemed pause, an ever-lasting depression taking over your mind, his hugs were so warm. His touch used to be so comforting.

    Your world with Izuku was once colorful and brilliant and sunny. He was every color of the light. You were the stars and he was the sun, revolving endlessly around the solar system in an infinite dance of the cosmos. Yet as eternal as the dance of the stars seems, all good things must come to an end. The world grew darker. Color drained, puddling into black and white distortions of what was supposed to the life you knew. Everything was now a two dimensional figure, running on codes as lifeless as you. As much as you loved Izuku, waking up grew harder and harder each day-- you knew you wouldn't be able to stay in this world much longer.

    It's nothing but tears now. Ever since the attempt, his hugs of affection were no longer affectionate. They were protecting, possessive, despairing. As if you were going to slip out of his grips, leaving him. His heart wrenched at the thought. It pounded against his chest harder and harder each time he was reminded of your face that night. Blood trickling down your face, the oxygen mask around your mouth. You looked dead and it broke him. Something inside him burned. Every day he suffocated on a feeling so distasteful, wondering if that would be the day the doctors called with the bad news.