Twelve

Stu drove with one hand on the wheel and the other on my thigh. "Is that my shirt?" He asked, looking over at me for a brief second. "Yes," I answered quietly. "And when did you steal it?" He asked, squeezing my thigh. I squirmed in my seat. "The last time I was over," I told him, biting my lip. "And why did you take it?" He asked. "Because it's comfortable and makes me feel safe when I'm not with you," I whispered. I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks. I was glad it was dark in the car. "You'll always be safe with me," he said, grabbing my hand, bringing up to his lips and kissing the back of it. 

"I need to stop at the house and get my stuff," I told him. "Alright." His hand was back on my thigh as he drove towards my house. He pulled into the driveway and we got out. "You don't have to come with me," I told him. "I'm not letting you back in there alone," he said. We walked up to the door and I opened the door. It wasn't locked when we left. I ran upstairs to my room, grabbed a change of clothes for school and the party, grabbed my duffle bag, and shoved them in it then grabbed my bag for school and we left. I made sure the doors were all locked before leaving and going to Stu's house. His parents were out of town again which is no surprise. They traveled for work a lot. 

We drove down the king drive way to the Macher house. Their home was far out in the middle of nowhere. The closest neighbor was a mile or so up the road and it was set far back off the road. The driveway made a loop around so it wasn't hard to pack a few dozen cars owned by our classmates when Stu threw his parties. He parked in front of the garage, turning the car off, clicked the button for the garage and got out. I followed after, shutting the door. Stu had gotten my bags out of the back seat for me. We walked through the garage and through the door That led into the dinning area and kitchen. 

Stu made sure to close the garage door before walking in and shutting the door that lead into the garage. "Wanna order a pizza?" He asked. I Looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. "It's ten at night, Stu," I said. He shrugged his shoulders, "So. The pizza place is open until 11," he said. "If you wanted pizza then why didn't you stop before leaving town?" I asked as we walked towards the stairs. "I wanted to get you away from the media, and Gale Weathers. I mean you didn't punch her, babe," he chuckled at the end. "She deserved it," I mumbled. We walked up the stairs and into his room. 

He set my stuff down, turned around, and pulled me into him. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded my head, "Yeah. I'm fine," I told him. "So... what that pizza? We can pop in a movie too," he smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sure. Why not?" I smiled. He leaned down and kissed me real quick before running down the stairs. I sat down on the bed, unlacing my sneakers and pulling them off. The next thing to go were my pants. Stu's shirt was long enough to cover everything, it came just below my ass. I pulled up my knee night socks and made my way downstairs. 

"Yeah. Alright, man!" I stopped at the bottom of the stairs hearing Stu on the phone. He was having a hushed conversation. I didn't want to eavesdrop, but I couldn't find it in my to move. "Look, I got it, okay? Yes. I gotta go. Yeah. Bye." Once I heard him hang the phone up I made my way into the kitchen. "Did you order the pizza?" I asked. He jumped and turned around. "Damn your quiet!" He laughed. "Sorry," I smiled. "I'm calling now. Mom called making sure I was fine," he said, rolling his eyes. I just nodded. "Want a beer?" I asked as he dialed the pizza shop. He nodded his head and I walked out to the fridge. I could hear him ordering the pizza. I opened the fridge and grabbed two beers then walked back inside making sure to close the door. 

I handed him one and he took it with a smile, leaning down and kissing my forehead. "How long, man?" He asked. "15 or it's free!" He laughed and hung up. "So what do you wanna watch?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist and looking up at him. "Hmm... Well, I bought Fear," he said. I raised an eyebrow, "Really?" He shrugged and smiled, "I figured we could watch it together since I made you miss half of it the other night," he said. His arms snaked around me, holding me closer to him. "Well, how romantic of you," I laughed. He smiled down at me and wiggled his eyebrows. "Anything for my girl," he said, leaning down and capturing our lips together. He grabbed both beer bottles with one hand, leaned down and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I giggled, "Stu!" He walked into the living room and dropped me on the couch. 

He put the beers down on the table, walked over and grabbed the movie off the top of the tv, taking it out of its box and putting it in the VCR. He fell down beside me, leaning over grabbing the remote and pressing play. Setting the remote back on the table, grabbing a beer and popping it open before handing it to me and doing the same to the other. I leaned back and laid my legs across Stu's lap. His hand automatically rubbed his hand down my calf, slowly moving up to my thigh where it stayed. 

About 15 minutes into the movie Stu stood up. I'm gonna get another beer," He said, kissing me and heading towards the garage. There was a knock on the door so I paused the movie and got up. I walked over, unlocked the door and opened it. The guy from the video store the other day was standing there with our pizza in his hands. "Large Pizza," he said. He looked up and smiled, "hey, o remember you. You work at the video store," he said. I nodded m, reaching for the pizza. "Yeah. How much?" I asked. "8.99," he said. I took the pizza into the kitchen, grabbed Stu's wallet off the counter and walked back to the door.