Nine

"I'll go after her," Tatum said, grabbing her stuff and running off after Sidney. "Nice going, Stu," I said, standing up. "Hey, Randy, can you give me a ride home?" I asked. He looked between me and Stu before slowly standing up and saying, "Yeah, sure." I nodded and started walking off. "Babe! Wait. Come on, y/n/n!" Stu yelled. He jumped in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. "I'm sorry, Okay? It was a joke. Let me take you home," he said. "No," I answered simply. "Come on, Randy!" I yelled. Stu grabbed my wrist and spun me back around and into his chest. "Baby, please. I'm sorry. I love you," he whispered. He gave those stupid puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes and let out a huff.

 "Fine. But! You drop me off and that's it. Sid needs space. You know tomorrow is going to be a year since--" I cut off. "I know, baby. I'm sorry," he said. Putting two fingers under my chin, he lifted my head to look at him. He leaned down and gave me a soft kiss before wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Never mind, Meeks!" He yelled, walking us towards his car. "Sorry, Randy! I'll see you later?" I yelled. "Yeah!" He yelled back. 

Stu and I walked to his car and got in. Once he pulled out onto the road he asked, "What did you mean you'll see Randy later?" I looked over at him raising my eyebrow at his question. "He's coming over after he gets off work to watch some new movie he wants me to see," I shrugged. "You'll be alone with him?" He asked. I noticed his hands tightening on the wheel. "Well, I mean Sid will probably be there unless she decides to ask Tatum if she can stay at her house," I told him. "Why?" I questioned.  "Nothing. You just didn't tell me he was coming over," he said. "Well, you said you had plans with Billy tonight. I just thought since I had nothing to do and you're going to be with Billy, Randy could come over for a couple hours. It's nothing new," I said. 

 "Why? What's wrong with me hanging out with my best friend?" I asked a little too harsh. I wasn't one to be told what I could and couldn't do or see who or who I couldn't see. Randy has been my best friend forever. Stu stayed silent which only pissed me off. "What the hell is your problem?" I asked. He looked at me for a second before returning his gaze to the road. "Nothing. I just don't like the idea of you being alone with him," he said. "What? Why? Is this about you thinking Randy has a thing for me? Because I've told you several times he's head of heels in love with my sister," I said. "No! But there's a fucking killer out there! And he knows an awful lot about horror movies. He's a horror freak!" He yelled. 

"Well, Stu, if you think he could he the killer just because of that, then you must also tho k I could be the killer, because I'm just as much of a "horror freak" as he is," I spat. "You know I didn't mean it like that. Loom, I don't want to fight with you. I just don't like you being home alone when there's a killer on the loose. I don't want what happened to Casey and Steve to happen to you," he quietly said. I sighed and grabbed his hand. "Stu, nothing is going to happen to me. I know you might think it, but Randy wouldn't let anything happen to me. Sure he's a nerd but he's smart and would protect me even if that meant putting himself in harm's way," I told him. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed the back of it. 

He pulled into the driveway and turned his car off, sitting back, looking over at me. "I'm sorry. Again," he said with a smile. "You're an idiot," I said. "Yeah, but I'm your idiot," he said, leaning toward me and connecting out lips. I pulled away, putting my hand on his cheek. "I love you," I whispered. A huge smile stretched across his face. "I love you, too," he said back. "I'll talk you later tonight?" I asked. "Of course," he said. I gave him another kiss before getting out of the car. He stayed until he saw me walk into the house then he was gone. 

"Sid!" I called. I closed the door and locked it. Sidney came down the stairs with a bag and clothes in her arms. "Hey, where are you going?" I asked. "I'm going to stay at Tatum's. Do you want to come too?" She asked. I shook my head. "No Randy  is coming over after work to watch a movie," I told her. She nodded and headed into the living room as the phone rang. I ran upstairs to my room and dropped my stuff on my bed. I changed into a pair of sweats and a long sleeve shirt I stole from Stu. It still smelled like him, it was comforting. 

I walked back down stairs. "Who was on the phone?" I asked. "Tatum. She was letting me know she would be here by 7. I'm going to lay down until she gets here," she said. She went to the couch and laid down. I walked into the kitchen pulling out a juicy pop tin and sitting it on the counter so it was ready to go when Randy got here. 

Ring

Ring 

"I got it!" I yelled. I walked over to the phone mounted on the wall in the kitchen. Picking it up off the receiver I answered. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey, n/n, I just wanted to let you know to get off work at 7:30," Randy said on the other side. "I thought you worked until 9?" I asked, playing with the cord. "Yeah, Brad said I could go early," he told me. "Okay. Sideny is going to Tatum's house tonight so it'll just be us. "Alright. I'll be there no later than 8," he said. I hung the phone up and walked towards the living room to let Sidney know. "Hey, Sid--" she had fallen asleep so I covered her up with a throw blanket and went back to the kitchen. I grabbed a soda out of the fridge and headed up to my room. 

I ended falling asleep, when I opened my eyes it was dark outside. I looked over at my clock to see it was 6:50. I got up stretched and walked back downstairs. "Yeah, that's fine. I'll see you when you get here," I heard Sidney say. "Tatum gonna be late?" I asked. "Yeah. She's stopping at the video store to get a couple movies," she said. "Randy is getting off early so he should be here by 8," I told her. Before she could respond the phone rang. 

ring