10

"Ugh it smells like Namjoon hyung in here," Jimin grunts, his nose wrinkling, "Are you wearing his clothes or something?"

Jimin scans Jungkook up and down with those sleepy post-waking up eyes of his.

"You can recognise him by his smell?" Jungkook asks, eyebrows raised.

Jimin shrugs his shoulders and grabs one of Jungkook's apples off the counter, "I've lived with the guy for centuries, course I do."

"Understandable."

Logically, Jungkook should question Jimin's acute sense of smell and all his other...quirks. Had he been a little less sleep-deprived, he may have entertained some peculiar ideas but alas, Jungkook is currently running on caffeine and good vibes. Heavy on the caffeine part.

Jimin chuckles sinks into the old sofa, he outstretches his arms and beckons Jungkook to come sit with him. And who would Jungkook be to say no? With the grace of a clumsy fawn on ice, Jungkook budges up next to him and leans on his shoulder. Jimin wraps his arms around Jungkook's shoulders, chin resting on top of his head.

"You're good for cuddles," Jimin comments, hands thumbing over the bone of Jungkook's shoulder. He does that for a minute or two, just silently feels over the sharp edge of Jungkook's shoulders. Then Jimin furrows his eyebrows like something starts to worry him and all the colour seems to leave his cheeks.

"Tae is right."

Jungkook tilts his head, "About?"

"You're so thin Kook-ah."

"You think?"

Jimin nods, "Yeah, tiny. I feel like you're gonna break if I hug you too tight."

"I won't break hyung, I'm okay."

Jimin hums - not in agreement though. Just to fill the silence.

He's not dumb.

Jungkook smiles. It's a compliment to him. Jimin does not smile. But he thinks, and god do those thoughts run wild.

-----------------------

After Jimin had inhaled his own body weight in tea, him and Jungkook were sat at the table with a textbook in front of them. Jungkook of course was studying because he's just academically validated like that and Jimin on the other hand was watching some old cartoon on his phone.

The two clearly have very different priorities and opinions regarding their education.

On one hand we have Jungkook, a straight A goody two shoes who has never broken a rule in his life and relies solely on academic validation to function as a person in society.

Then on the other hand we have Jimin. Someone who couldn't give two flying fucks if he's passing or failing his classes...as long as he's getting kisses and snuggles what else could he possibly need in life?

I suppose you could deem them polar opposites.

But polar opposites or not Jungkook is determined to get Jimin to study if it's the last thing he does.

"It's the first paper hyung."

"Okay? What does that mean?"

Jungkook's heart may or may not stop, does Jimin not know what to expect? Why is he even studying this course-

"Hyung...you know what you're studying right?" Jungkook asks, clicking his tongue out of habit.

Jimin shrugs, "Jin hyung just shoved me in here because apparently I need an education or something? I work in a restaurant what do I need any of this for...stupid right?"