Chapter 28: Anything For You

Start from the beginning

"Cazzo," he whispered as his dark blues traveled down the length of my body. I took his moment of distraction as an opportunity to do the same, and needless to say, I was not disappointed.
(Fuck.)

Luca always dressed to impress, and I guess swimming was no exception. His swimsuit wasn't baggy or sagging below his knees like so many people do, but rather the blue swim trunks ended above his knees and clung to his legs like they were made specifically for him. He kept the silver chain around his neck, and after the long day we've had, his hair was perfectly imperfect.

Luca's eyes were stuck like glue to my body, and the intensity of his stare made me begin to feel like I was overdressed, or perhaps the opposite actually.

"Do I look okay?" I asked while smoothing my hands over the jacket. His eyes shot up and locked with mine in the mirror as he walked out from the doorway and over to me. He pushed his hands under the cotton of my jacket to rest on the bare skin of my hips. My breath stuttered as the coolness of his hands traveled throughout the length of my body.

"You look more than okay, Keeley. I'm- I'm more surprised than anything. I just expected you to bring a swimsuit that wasn't so-" Luca fumbled over his words as the tips of his fingers ran along the top of my bottoms. "Revealing. Not that I'm going to complain, though."

I chuckled to myself as I placed my hands on top of his and leaned back into the tan skin of his chest. Our eyes were still locked on each other through the mirror, and his eyes held a sort of hunger I wasn't used to seeing.

Neither of us spoke for a while as I closed my eyes and allowed myself to relax into him. Although, the more I loosened up, the stronger the hold on my body became. I soon felt Luca shift to place his lips on the skin of my neck. 

"We should probably go before I get carried away, shouldn't we?" he mumbled as his kisses traveled lower and grip tightened. I was beginning to have a hard time breathing as his touch clouded my mind. 

I gently nodded my head, and Luca hesitantly pulled away from me. 

"Under no circumstances do you allow Ilaria to get you to switch teams tonight," Luca spoke sternly as he handed me the bag I had put our stuff into.

My head fell back in laughter as a slung the tote over my shoulder and slipped on my flip-flops.

"I'm serious, Keels. She's done it before."

"I'm sure she has, Luca."

He shook his head knowingly with his lips pressed into a thin line as the two of us shut off the lights and took the elevator up a floor to the roof. You apparently needed special access to it, and to no surprise, Ilaria had managed to get it for us. 

When the elevator dinged, I grabbed Luca's hand as we began making our way towards the others. Their laughter boomed over the sound of the water splashing in the air and onto the cement. The pool area was enclosed in glass so that it provided warmth as well as a view of the city. 

The entire thing was a rectangle that covered the better part of this corner of the building. Lounge chairs surrounded it, and in the corner was a hot tub that I imagined could fit nine to ten people. The sky was, no surprise, dark,  but even with the lights from the main strip below, the stars were clearly visible.

"Look who finally decided to join us!" Fergus yelled over the other three. Their faces lit up even brighter as we walked towards them. Banter was immediately shouted from all of them as Luca took off running.

Diangelo's face turned to fright as he struggled to get out of Luca's path. But to no avail, Luca was already in the air and falling into the water, almost directly onto Diangelo. The rest of us laughed as the two of them came up, Luca laughing and Diangelo spitting water out of his mouth.