Aerilyn stood up now they had gone. "No, I came here to apologise to you, but it looks like we're even" She turned her back to the Queen and started to walk out.

Solenne wouldn't let her go that easily, not this time. "Don't make me use my powers on you little one come back here, I need to check your neck. Besides I didn't know they were going to be here, they turned up on my doorstep in the early hours unannounced" the Queen stalked the girl. She could use her strength and speed to stop Aerilyn, but she would rather she didn't have too. Then again she could use her persuasion and charm to stop Aerilyn from leaving. 

"You're going to have to do a lot better than that if you think I'll stay in this room with you a minute longer" Aerilyn crossed her arms over, meaning business as she placed a hand on her neck to check it was okay. 

"You'll need a lifetime if I'm to explain the history of those two" Solenne used her vampire speed to stop Aerilyn from opening the door, she pushed her back against the wall of the door, with Solenne's arms either side of Aerilyn's head.

Aerilyn gasped. 

Solenne needed to know. 

"Do you really fear my hands being around your neck like he said" Solenne had to ask, she couldn't get it off her mind.

The Queen inspected her neck, satisfied that there was no damage, her eyes lingered on the girls lips for a second before looking her in the eyes. Solenne's golden orbs mixed with angry red flecs as Aerilyn looked her in the eye.

"Yes, he did not lie" Aerilyn tired to push the Queen off in vein, but she was the most powerful vampire to exist, and Aerilyn was a little weak human.

She sighed giving in, "you're not being fair" Aerilyn moaned at the lack of strength she had.

"I've never been fair in my life, I know he didn't lie, he feeds off of others fears and he sensed yours straight away because you aren't trained to keep him out of your mind" she enlightened her.

"Well what's your fear?" The girl asked.

Losing You

"Wouldn't you like to know" Solenne smirked as she stepped back. Aerilyn visibly relaxed.

"I fear nothing" the Queen was too cowardly to admit the truth, that was best for another time.

"Everyone fears something" Aerilyn said not believing a word Solenne had said, she was not very good at telling when vampires were lying but she had grown to know Solenne enough to see beyond this evil Queen that was portrayed. 

Solenne wrapped an arm around Aerilyn's back guiding her out the room.

"Is that right little one" she was goading her.

Aerilyn heard the loud bang before she saw Nilsa come rushing through the halls "your majesty"

She bowed quickly and huffed. "There has been another attack closer to the castle, the area is secure but we must go and have a look right away"

"Meet me at the doors in 5 minutes, I'll take Aerilyn to the library to stay with the others" Solenne confirmed. At once she guided Aerilyn swiftly down the halls with urgency. She had to see how bad the attack was, but she struggled as for the first time she didn't want to leave Aerilyn, she wanted to stay and protect and look after her.