Chapter 25: Hello

Start from the beginning

The next morning, we're having breakfast at the dining hall, which thankfully is a little later on Saturdays and Sundays. But I was still drowsy asleep. I slept very late yesterday listening to Nate's adventures.

"So, how was the date with your mate, cariño?" - Mom asked Nate as she ate. Of course, everyone saw his arm bruise and knew what it meant. Every werewolf do. But polite people ignore it as much as an actual fresh mate mark.

"Honestly, it was great to show her the best part of me yesterday!" - Nate replied, googly eyed. He still looked radiant this morning just as much as last night.

At this, I giggled a little at his choice of words. And Nate glared at me harshly.

"Why are you laughing? Have you shown your wolf to your mate yet?" - Nate asked in a serious tone and my face cracked.

"Gee! I'm sorry, don't need to bite my head off!" - I croaked.

"Well, I'm happy for you, cariño!" - Mom said as she strokes Nate's hair, which makes him happy.

"And when are we gonna meet this mate of yours? Are you seriously gonna make us wait til you're 18 to introduce us to her?" - My dad questioned me in a very serious tone, which made me gasp.

"I don't make the rules, dad. The Goddess can't be rushed!" - I quoted my mom so I'm well defended.

"He is right, mi amor, the Goddess can't be rushed!" - Mom said to dad, winking at me.

"The longer you take to introduce us to her, the longer is gonna take her Luna training. That only delays your ascension. At least, Lauren had already been trained. Suit yourself!" - My dad jabbed at me. And I felt the sting. The worst part is that I knew he's right. You have to train before you ascend as Alpha, Beta or Luna. Before AND after.

Later in the morning, I stopped by Nate's room to ask him something, but not before saying

"Low blow, dude! I wasn't laughing at you, I just laughed at..."

"I know what you laughed at!" - He interrupted me. - "I'm sorry, Dan, I'm really sensitive towards my mate!"

"OK, I guess! But I would never purposely..."

"Say anything to hurt me or my mate. I know!" - He interrupted me again.

"Changing the subject, can you text me directions to your mate's house? I'm gonna go over there and complain to her that she ruined my brother!" - I joked, but he looked at me so serious that it actually scared me.

"I'm joking! I'm going over there to see MY mate. You know, they're related!" - I rushed to clarify, with my hands held high.

"Of course, brother!" - He replied and I got out of there fast.

Honestly, talking to Nate last night and hearing his dalliances with his mate made me feel jealous. Like a lot! I wanted to feel all of those things too! But I knew I still had a long way to go! So, I took the car and went to Felix's house, hoping he would be there.