Part 38 - Team

6 months later...

"Fancy meeting you here," Loki greets as I emerge from the water of the pool on the suite floor (which he has grown quite fond of). I turn to him to see him gliding through the water, making his way towards me.

"Well, I would hope it's not a surprise considering the note I left on your nightstand last night," I reply, brushing my hair out of my face.

"Everyone's in a team meeting?" he questions, referencing my note.

I nod. "They won't even know you missed your mandatory training session." The team has been stickling Loki on just about everything, including his mandatory training sessions. Luckily, I've been finding ways for Loki to slip out of his many mandatory shindigs. "The devil may work hard, but I work harder."

Loki chuckles, wrapping an arm around me to pull me closer. "Why, have I ever told you just wonderful you are, darling?" he purrs.

I send him a knowing smirk. "I think you'll have to show me."

He returns the smirk, his arm around my waist pulling me flush against his body. "I think that's a wonderful idea." He wastes no time in pressing his lips to mine. Making his eagerness clear, his hands begin roaming my body after not even 2 seconds.

"My, somebody's eager," I taunt, pulling my lips away from his.

"Only for you," he replies hungrily, immediately latching his lips onto my collarbone. I settle my arms around him as he wraps a hand around the back of my neck to pull me closer. His other hand lands around my ass, and I get the message and wrap my legs around him.

A slight groan escapes his lips as I squeeze my legs, pulling us even closer. "Fuck, Scarlett," he mutters. "Are you trying to make me lose control right here and now?"

"Maybe," I muse. "Or maybe I'm just testing your limits."

I look into his eyes to see a mischievous glint in them. "Oh, how about we begin testing your limits-"

The door slams open, and we quickly untangle from each other.

"Lo-ki!" Thor exclaims angrily as he marches towards the pool, annunciating each syllable in the way that he does when he's angry. "Who gave you permission to skip your mandatory training session today?"

"Scarlett did, in fact," Loki retorts, dragging his gaze away from me to send Thor an annoyed look.

"Scarlett does not have jurisdiction over your training because of her slight - no, major - tendency to cancel your sessions." Thor looks the two of us over skeptically. "You both look flushed. Did I interrupt something?"

"Oh, did you ever," Loki mutters distastefully.

"Oops, my bad. If you don't mind, let me give you some free advice; don't make out in a community pool!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, brother, where are my manners? I didn't even consider that you may be extremely jealous. Would you like to join us?" Loki asks sarcastically.

Thor sighs defeatedly as he turns and begins trudging away, not even acknowledging Lokis remark. "Odin, give me strength," he mutters.

"Such a daddy's boy," Loki remarks bitterly as the door shuts behind Thor.

"I'm guessing that killed your mood too," I remark.

Loki scoffs. "Leave it to my idiot brother to ruin our little outing."

I chuckle as I wade over to the stairs and begin to step out of the pool. I turn to Loki to see him checking me out, not even trying to hide it. "Would you mind announcing it aloud just to make your staring more obvious?" I ask sarcastically.