8

"Dr.Mila,what relationship do you have with general Grayson?He brought Liam over earlier to find you and correct if I'm wrong but Liam looks like the child version of him" Giana asks the moment we entered my office and my heart skipped a beat out of shock but I quickly masked it with an expressionless face.

"There's nothing between general Cooper and I. And as far as Liam's resemblance to him is concerned,it's not really that strange for unrelated people to look alike"

"You're right about the look alike thing but general Liam and little Li look so much like father and son that I thought......"

"You thought wrong.Now if you'll excuse me,I want to be left alone.And don't say anything to start any ridiculous rumour"

"Ohk. I'll watch what I say"

Giana walked out of the room and I let out a sigh.Keeping the relationship between Liam and Grayson is gonna be harder than I thought since Liam is the excart replica of him.Just as I was thinking of this my phone starts to ring and Grayson's name pops up on the screen.Speak of the devil.

"Hi"

"Hey!I'm not disturbing you,am I?"

"No.It's not too busy st the hospital today"

"Hospital?I thought you said you were getting a day off"

"I did get a day off and I rested for a while"

"Do you think you're a robot or something?You need to take better care of yourself"

"Ohk ohk.Xena is staying here by the way.Won't you xome visit her?"

"No but I hope you don't think of me as heartless since technically she's in that condition cause of me"

"I don't think you as heartless.Since you decided to end things you shouldn't leave any loose ends.Besides,I'm sure you have your own plans for doing all this"

"Mmm.Come for dinner at my place tonight so we discuss a few things.Liam misses you alot"

"Ohk"

Just then there was a sudden commotion and a man barged into my office with a stick.My heart skipped a beat and I remain frozen in my seat in fear.Then before I knew it I felt a sharp pain on my head and vision began to blurr.Next I know,all I see is black.

Grayson's P.O.V

There's a sudden commotion on the other side of the phone and I figured there's someone causing troublw for Mila.I wanted to rush over to the hospital immediately but decided against it and called Mila back cause the line got disconnected.However,the one who picks up is not Mila but a nurse and she explained to me that someone barged into Mila's office and hit her on the head with a stick so she fainted.

I immediately rushed to the hospital cause thankfully little Li was asleep and discreetly made my way towards Mila's office.On my way I overheard some nurses saying she woke up and was alright so things aren't that serious and I sighed in relief.This lottle woman really nedds to be protected and taken care of or she'd end up killing herself.

I went back to the hospital's underground parking lot and called Mila to come out.She looked shocked to see me here the moment she stepped out of the hospital.I asked her to get into the car and began driving towards the Cooper mansion.

"Did you come to vist Xena in secret?"

"No.I heard some commotion on the phone and got worried about you"

"Oh...I thought you....."

"You're over thinking it.I'm taking you to see Liam"

"But my injury"

"Do you really think he'd notice?"

"You're right"

"Mmm"

Our ride to the mansion was in total silence after that and the moment we arrived we saw Liam playing with his toys on the carpet in the living room with mom watching over him.

"Come see your son" mom told Mila and she immediately rushed to Liam and carried him in her arms before covering his face with little kisses.The little guy let out a cute childish giggle and called out;"mama...mama..".It was a sight ro behold.Both mother and son looked so adorable together that my heart aches for not being able to be there for them for years.

"What happened to your head?" Mom asked Mila and she explained the whole hospital situation to her.Mom then hands her a key and told her she can come over whenever she wished but Mila being Mila tried to protest.Mom immediately asked me to convince her and I placed to the key into her pocket before explaining to her that it has already been decided so she doesn't have a choice.

Mila didn't say a word but hugs Liam tightly as if wanting to crush him into her bones.I then took her to my room to have a look at where her child is staying before we come down for dinner.Rowan soon arrived along with dad and we all sat down for dinner.

Rowan adressed Mila as his sister-in-law since this is their first meeting and knowing him he was tryna be extra nice but Mila told him not to adress her as his sister-in-law cause she's not my wife.Rowan however told her she'd soon be his sister-in-law before facing me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Gray,you need to work harder cause sister-in-law is not acknowledging you since you bullied her in the past"

"Big brother,please don't make things difficult for Mila"

"Look at you defending your dear wife.Hurry and tie the knot so you don't steal my shine.I can't believe you're gonna get married before me"

I sighed shaking my head and we all continued to eat while making small talks here and there but I can tell Mila isn't really warming up to my family.Maybe she feels awkward around us but I don't have any intentions of forcing her.

I know it would take time for us to get closer to each other since we're practically strangers who turned parents over night so we don't know much about each other.And mila doesn't seem to want anything to do with me.She keeps trying to keep ger distance and it kinda breaks my heart cause I'm starting to like her.After all,she is the woman I fell inlove with at first sex.

Gosh,I miss that feeling like crazy.