Chapter Ten

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The Christmas festive season finally came into view, changing the landscapes into snow, the air temperature turns colder. And today is our first holiday, we get to go home.

Professor McGonagall came last week with a paper in her hand, into the Great Hall, announcing that all students who were going to stay at Hogwarts must write down their names. Not me, or any first year in Ravenclaw wrote down their names, because we are celebrating Christmas at hom with our families.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"I am going to be so lonely without you guys."
Morag wiped her fake tears away and gave us all a sad look.

"You're still going to see me, so you won't be all that lonely."
Isobel patted her sister's shoulder reassuring.

Morag looked at Isobel's hand and picked it up as if it was dirty.
"You don't count."

Isobel gaped at her and gave her a hard punch on the arm, making Morag yelp out in pain.
"I'm only kidding, jeez. Why do you have to be so violent?"

Isobel glared at her.
"Once again, perks of hanging out with you."
She turned and walked back to her trunk, packing the rest of her clothes in.

Morag looked at her sister weirdly, before looking back at us.
"I'll send you all presents for Christmas."

"You better, otherwise I bought yours for nothing."
Mandy joked.

"Same here. My gift for you was very expensive."
I joined in.

"Really?"
Morag asks with interest.

"Yes!"
Mandy and I said at the same time, laughing when we realized that we sounded like twins.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

After I bid farewell to my friends, I made my way to the Great Hall to get something to eat, since I overslept and missed breakfast.

The hallways was filled with students, running back and forth with their trunks and suitcases and some of them just hanging around the hallway, chatting with their friends.

Once I entered the Great Hall, with my trunk and Athena that was sleeping peacefully in her cage, I spotted Harry and Ron, the only two that I recognize among the other few.

"Hey guys!"
I chirped as I plopped down my suitcase and the cage on the bench.

"Hi, Leila."
Ron replied casually.

Harry watched in defeat when one of Ron's chess figures eliminated his figures.

"You playing Wizard's Chess?"
I ask as I quickly helped Harry, earning an elimination to Ron's knight.

"Thanks."
Harry smiled, taking the broken knight and putting it aside, while Ron groaned.

"Yes, but I'm still new at this."
Harry winced as Ron destroyed another chess figure.

"Don't worry, I will help you."
I smiled down at Harry.

He smiled in return as he concentrated on his next move.