Chapter Sixteen

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Do you have another lesson tonight?"
Mandy asks as we occupied a table on the far side corner in the library. We were busy doing some work Binns gave us, and a stack of books that took up most of the space, laid on the table. It was no joke the end-year exams are coming, because the teachers kept giving us piles and piles of homework.

"Yes."
I sighed as I scribbled down a bunch of words.

"With who?"
She asks again.

I looked at her and laid down my quill.
"Take a guess."

She had a look on her face, indicating that she is thinking.
"Trelawney?"

"Nope."
I said, popping the 'p'.

"Sprout?"

I shook my head.
"Already had her. Take another guess."

"You're not going to tell me who it is?"

I shook my head again.

Mandy made a sound at the back of her throat.
"Then give me a hint. Good or bad?"

I hesitated for four seconds.
"Bad?"

"Snape."
She replied, without missing a beat.

I bowed my head and clapped my hands in a sarcastic manner.

She caught the sarcasm and shook her head.

"That's a bad one. Good luck with that. You will tell me how it went, will you?"

"Of course."
I smiled.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

About an hour later we finally finished our homework. Since the sun was still visible in the sky, we decided that we could spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing and playing Exploding Snap with the other Houses. Just as we flipped our books shut, we heard a rattling sound near one of the bookshelves we sat at.

We ignored it, thinking that it was one of the students who were clumsy, and picked up our belongings. As we walked past the shelves, we heard the noise again, so we looked down the row and saw a big man, wearing a brown fur coat.

"Hiya, Hagrid."
I happily greeted, immediately recognizing him.

He jumped and the books he held, fell to the floor with small thumps. Mandy and I hurried forward to help him pick up the books. We had to set down our own books in order to pick Hagrid's up.

These books were very heavy. I could only carry three, until it felt as if I carried a fat dog. The covers were odd, some covers had hard scale-like skins and others reptile skin.

"Doing some research, Hagrid?"
Mandy asks as she set down the books she picked up, in a neat pile on the counter.

"On dragons?"
I added as I traced the scale cover with my finger.

"Er, yes. I am, just interested in the ol' creatures. Since I like 'em an' all. Nothin' more, nothin' less."

"You're being sceptical, Hagrid."
I said, narrowing my eyes.