𝐑𝐎𝐈 𝐌𝐀𝐓

Start from the beginning

"What a tool."

"A tool with anger issues." Leo argued, a series of curses being thrown Callisto's way one after the other. She didn't seem to worry too much about the severing and splinching charms directed at her, the grip on her wand steady as she kept making casual talk.

One of his curses met hers midway and they exploded with a loud bang midair, making Callisto let out a laugh.

"Jace." She called, the moment a severing charm hit her shoulder. Blood immediately started gushing out of the wound, staining the light blue fabric of her shirt. "Fuck you, Roi!"

"Anytime."

"Expulso!"

A burst of blue light appeared, pushing Leo to the wall with incredible force. The wand was still on his hand, a curse being fired her way the moment before his back landed on the wall and he collapsed on the ground. The curse hit Callisto's leg and she fell to the floor, strong vines growing from the ground and surrounding her bloodied leg, keeping it strongly in place.

"Confundo!" She mumbled, aiming at him, only that he managed to deflect it with a weak shield, as he tried to ignore the pain on his head. James watched unsurely as Callisto struggled to free her leg, not really knowing if he should help or not. The blood was now covering a third of her shirt, some smeared on her cheek, while her leg was now completely covered by the vines.

"Fuck." She mumbled, pointing her wand at the vines. "Diffindo."

Some of the thinner vines got cut, the pressure on her leg decreasing. She cast the spell multiple times, thin gashes appearing on her calf as the curse lightly hit it. The vines were now almost completely cut, allowing her to turn around and keep Leo down long enough to free herself. 

Sirius calling her name was enough to alarm her, but it was too late because Leo had managed to rush over to her, another set of vines trapping her leg just as she had managed to almost free herself.

Leo stepped on her hand roughly and she let out a groan when her grip involuntarily relaxed and her wand rolled away from her. A large watch appeared opposite from them as Callisto struggled to reach for her wand, while trying to tackle Leo down on the floor.

"You've gotten soft, Claire." He joked. "Twenty more seconds."

Callisto raised her hand and it landed on his wrist, her fingers tightening around it, yanking him down. Her nails were burying into his skin, little crescent blood marks appearing, as the smile on his lips started to fade. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he stumbled slightly, before he collapsed on the ground with a thud.

"Well," Callisto laughed, turning over to look at the four slightly horrified boys. "Anyone mind helping me with the vines?"

Ares nodded and approached her, cutting the dark green, thick vines carefully not to cut himself with the thorns. Callisto winced as her leg was finally freed, the clock signifying the end of the duel.

"Such a loser." She murmured, taking a vial from her pocket. She opened the cap and dragged herself closer to Leo, opening his lips slightly as he poured the water-like substance in his mouth. "As I said, everything is allowed."

"I'm confused..." Sirius murmured, tilting his head to the side. Leo took in a sharp breath, his eyes opening and he shot up, sending Callisto the meanest of glares.

"Really, Claire?" He mumbled grumpily, looking at his wrist. "What poison was it this time?"

"None or your business, darling."

"Sorry for the hand." The boy mumbled, rubbing his eyes. She was holding it close to herself, a piercing jolt erupting whenever she even tried to move her fingers slightly. He took her hand in his, pointing it at the smashed fingers and she let out a cry as they snapped back in place.