Chapter 20: U Got It Bad

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry to hear this! I hope you are okay. Both of you!" - Daphne said, looking at the both of us.

"We will be eventually, thank you Daphne!" - I replied to her with a weak smile.

Lauren suddenly makes a disgusted face, sniffing something in the air.

"Oh my Goddess! Do you guys smell that?" - She said as she sniffs the air. And then she looks at Felix.

"Jesus, Felix, you need to stop it!" - She looked at him disgusted and condescending. - "Really, you're reeking!"

As she said that, Daphne and Felix looked at each other confused. Felix smelled his clothes and armpit to try to understand what she was talking about. But of course, she wasn't making sense to any human!

"I mean, it's just pathetic!.." - She continued looking at him condescending. - "You do know he's not gay, right?"

"Lauren, stop it! Why are you doing this?" - I exclaimed, looking disappointed at her.

"Why is she saying this?" - Daphne looked puzzled.

Felix got teary eye and left. Daphne went behind him. And so did Nate after her.

"What's wrong with you?! Why would you do this? You do know he's human, right? He doesn't even know what you're talking about!"- I reprimanded, incredibly disappointed at her.

"He was reeking!" - She tried to justify it. But there's no justification!

"He doesn't know what he was reeking of!" - I replied, getting angry. I left the table before I lost my cool completely. I was fuming!

Felix

I went to the other side of the school, crying. I mean, what was she talking about? Why did she need to say that? I know I was staring at her now ex-boyfriend, but that was totally uncalled for!

Daphne reaches me shortly after and hugs me.

"What was that? Do I smell?" - I asked her, sobbing.

"No, you don't! I don't know why she said that!" - Daphne replied, trying to comfort me.

Nate arrived too and looked me in the eyes apologetic.

"Listen Felix, ignore her! She's just hurt! It has nothing to do with you!" - He stated, trying to make me feel better.

"But why did she say I reeked?" - I replied, looking at him confused.

Nate didn't know what to say. He looked almost as confused as I was! But he tried to comfort me.

"I'm really sorry, Felix! Please try not to be too upset at her! I think she was just lashing out!" - Nate explained.

"But why at him?" - Daphne asked, also looking at Nate confused.

"I'll just go wash my face guys, I'll be right back." - I said as I went to the bathroom.

Daphne

"What the fuck was that?!" - I asked him, livid.

"I'm deeply sorry! She's usually not like this! I do think she was lashing out, though!" - Nate tried to explain in a concerned tone.

"Why did she say he was reeking?" - I asked him, quizzically.

"Because..." - Nate pauses, I could tell he was embarrassed to say it. - "He was reeking of sexual desire for Dan." - He continued and then everything starts making a little sense to me.

"Oh... But Felix had no way of knowing that, did he?" - I wondered.

"Of course, not! That's why I think she was just lashing out! She would never say it to a human in normal circumstances!" - Nate replied with angst in his voice.

"I mean, what a bitch!" - I exclaimed. I was pissed! There was no need to lash out on my brother just because he is hot for her ex-boyfriend. Come one, people! Dan isn't even gay! Maybe if it was a girl, I'd get it! But not Felix!

Daniel

It's pretty easy to find where Felix is, I just have to follow his scent. So I do and find him in the bathroom, washing his face.

"Are you okay?" - I asked, concern in my voice.

"Well, apparently I smell! And I'm also pathetic, so no!" - Felix answered, sarcastically.

"You don't smell! That was wrong of her to say. And you're definitely NOT pathetic!"- I tried to comfort him as I approached him calmly.

"Thanks. Why did she say that?" - He asked, puzzled.

"She was just bothered because you were lusting after me. It's not your fault!" - I answered him, truthfully.

"Gee! Thanks! But how did she know? Actually, how do any of you know?" - He pondered, intrigued.

"It's in the air. There's a specific smell that people emit when they're sexually attracted to someone!" - I explained in a matter of fact tone.

"Right! And how come I can't smell it? Why does she or even you can?" - He replied, looking at me confused.

"That's because you're not one of us!" - I told him. I didn't know what else to say!

"One of who? The beautiful people?" - He snickered.

"You are beautiful!" - I stated with certainty.

"Thanks, but you didn't really answer my..." - He started, but got interrupted by me kissing him.

I couldn't help myself. I couldn't see straight - no pun intended - I just looked at his mouth and it was so kissable!

I just went for it! I kissed him passionately and he kissed me back. I engulfed him in a hug as we devoured each other. And he was heaven to me! At this point, there really was no denying it. He is definitely my mate. No doubt about it whatsoever.