Chapter 29

One week later.

Date: October 6th

Niall's POV:

Tomorrow was Lissy's birthday. For a few days now I have been planning the perfect gift. And the boys were in on it too. But shh, it's a complete surprise! So not a word is to be divulged.

I was resting on my bed, my head dangling off the side of the bed. Believe it or not, this was a comfy position. For some reason it helped me think. Maybe with all that extra blood rushing to my brain I could think better.

I sighed inwardly with content. Lissy and I were going strong. After that first, amazing date, we went on two more official dates. Each better then the next. I learned so many things about Lis, and vice versa. On our second date I took her to a movie. During the walk back home, she had asked me an interesting question.

Flashback:

My left hand was entwined securely with Lissy's and my right was dug deep into my pocket. The weather was starting to turn and there was a chill in the air. We walked in a comfortable silence. So far there hadn't been any paparazzi, which was a huge plus. Out of nowhere, Lissy asked me a question. Her voice was slow and thoughtful. "Tell me something no one knows about you." I thought for a minute, raking my brain. With my life being on display to the world, it was hard to find something that only I knew. I finally found the memory; "When I was ten, I stole four candy bars from a convenience store. I didn't get caught, but the guilt ate at me to a point where I never entered that store again." Lissy listened intently. "Do you remember what kind of candy bars?" I nodded, "Cookies 'n Creme." She grinned widely, "Yum. That justifies you taking them, I'd do some really illegal stuff if they bribed me with Cookies 'n Creme." I laughed out loud. Lissy was just so cute and funny. And she wasn't even trying! I had told her my secret, now I wanted to hear hers. I asked her for it, and she jumped right in. No hesitation. "When I was younger, I used to legitimately believe that Fruit Loops were the girl version of Cheerios. I used to pair them up and have them walk down the aisle, straight to my mouth." I smiled at the cute memory she described. She was just friggin adorable.

Flashback over.

I knew I had to get out of bed soon. We had a photo shoot at twelve. But I wasn't done thinking, so I stayed where I was. I know I haven't known her for long, but I liked her so much. I was even starting to love her. In fact, I know I love her. The way her eyes crinkle when she laughs, her heart melting accent, the way she helps everyone, her honey hair, and her intelligent mind; all these things made her perfect in my eyes. And the fact that she carried on, bringing a smile to everyone's faces, even with her depressing past made me proud to call her my girlfriend. Well, actually, I hadn't asked her yet. But I was planning to do it tomorrow on her birthday. I know it takes a long time to tell if your in love with someone, but I feel like I've know Lissy for years. If I could, I'd tell her every day; I love you. But I didn't want to scare her off. What if she thought it was too soon? Liam rapped his knuckles on my doorframe. "Get up Irish. We leave in fifteen." He continued on his mission to get the boys ready as I rolled off the bed. I brushed my teeth and pulled on a random shirt. I never bothered with appearances when we went to a photo shoot because our stylists dressed us and did our hair.

I scurried down the stairs, skipping the last two. Lissy was walking slowly down the hall in front of me. She was wearing her mint leggings again. Feeling cheeky, I crept behind her slowly. I squeezed her fit bum causing her to gasp. She turned around facing the culprit. Raising a single eyebrow, she smirked. "Mmm. Should of guessed." I smirked. "I'm just glad it wasn't Harry." She muttered. I laughed, "Me too." I grabbed her hand and we walked to the living room. "Niall can I please stay home? I have a headache." I Nodded, "Yeah, sure thing. Do you need an Advil?" She shook her head no, "Just some rest, thanks though." Just then, Liam flew into the room. "Cars out front, let's go." He instructed. I waved goodbye to Lis, "Hope your feeling better!" She thanked me and wished me luck with the photo session. I headed out the door following Zayn and Harry. Lou was in the drivers seat and Liam was riding shot gun.

The photo shoot went by in a breeze. I really didn't know why they needed more pictures, you'd think they had enough by now. I mean, we had our own calendar for goodness sakes! We had just finished and were walking back to the car. I missed Lis, but I was glad she wasn't here. It gave us an opportunity to plan the last minute details of our joined present for her. I was so excited to see the look on her face tomorrow: hell, I was probably more excited then she was!

We pulled up to the house. I greeted Lissy. She was reading on her bed. For the rest of the day we just relaxed. Liam, Harry and Lou went shopping, leaving Lissy, Zayn and I to make dinner. To my delight, we made fried chicken: a recipe Lissy picked up during her stay in New York.

After dinner, Liam suggested we play a board game. I agreed, we haven't played one in a while. Harry chose Monopoly. The game went on for a while, until Liam won.

I wished Lissy and the boys a good night before heading to bed. I set my alarm for six thirty. I needed to get up early so I could set up Lissy's surprise. I just knew Lissy would love her gift. I tossed and turned relentlessly, finally drifting to sleep.

A/n

Hey you! Yes you ;) Alright, so here's a hint; Lissy's present is a small vacation somewhere. So my question for you is do you want the trip to be just Niall and Lis? Or all the boys? YOU PICK!

And if you can guess the place they're going, you win everything 🏆 Haha jk but you get a dedication and I'll love you forever!!

And another hint for where they're going: Ive mentioned this place A LOT In my story...

Lots of love, Nays!