Chapter 37. Deadly Maze.

Start from the beginning

A few seconds after the response, Elaine's cheeks flared up in a deep red, "Stop it, Y/n! Don't think about things like that!" Y/n let out a little mischievous laugh, doing her best to ignore the glares burning into her back.

"Hey, Escanor!" Ban called out to the man, "How much farther is it until we get to this place for the delivery?" He asked, leaning back on the barrel he was sitting on.

Escanor hummed in thought for a few seconds before responding, "Don't worry, we're almost there."

When King felt someone tap his shoulder, he turned his head from his position of glaring into Y/n's back to the one who had tapped him, Elaine.

She had a light frown on her face and she looked between the two, "Did something happen between the two of you?" She tilted her head a bit.

"Not at all!" He denied, rubbing the back of his head, "Nothing happened."

Elaine just looked at him with flat eyes, "I can read your mind." She reminded him despite the fact that they talked about it a minute ago.

"Oh! Right..." He glanced down at his seat, "Elaine, how can you trust Y/n?"

Hearing the question, Y/n leaned back and let out a sigh of defeat. Seems like the list of people ending up disliking her would keep growing.

"Miss Y/n?" Instantly, Y/n tuned her attention in on Escanor, hoping to hyper-focus on him so she wouldn't hear more of the conversation in the back.

Seeing her eyes on him, Escanor took it as a cue to continue, "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you?"

"I'm sick." Y/n groaned. Of all things, of course, that's what he wanted to talk about.

"H-Have you asked Merlin to look into it?" Escanor asked next, curious as to why she was still sick. From when he had talked with Merlin about her, he recalls once being told that Y/n's body was incredibly good at repelling sicknesses.

"It's not something she can fix. It'll take a bit of time, but I'll find a way." She responded with a bit of a shrug before looking at him, "Does it bother you?"

"No, no! That's not it! I worry for your well-being is all." He responded quickly, a stuttering mess.

It made Y/n laugh a little bit, "I'm glad to hear that. I care for you as well, Escanor."

~No one's P.O.V~

"You know, if you had told us the delivery was for Vaizel, I'd have told you Diane flattened it, but I didn't expect this." Y/n claimed, looking up at the tall walls of what was once to the town of Vaizel, "This seems a bit dirty."

She looked at Yakul, who stood beside her, "Wanna go in there?" She whispered sneakily, cupping her mouth.

"Uh, you know we can hear you, right?" Jericho asked from her spot right beside her.

Y/n scoffed and placed a hand on top of her chest, "Well, excuse you, but who was listening in on whose conversation?" She asked, making Jericho's mouth fall open, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Let's go!" She cheered, about to head into the maze when she got lifted off the ground by the back of her collar.

"That's mean, you know?" Y/n grumbled, slowly turning in the air, looking at Ban.

"Stop being an Idiot for a second." He snapped back, dropping her on her feet.

"I'm not! I'm simply doing Escanor a favour!" She reasoned, gesturing to the bar owner, "I told you I could do it alone, so I don't mind if you back out." She shrugged, picking a few of the boxes from the carriage up before she slipped past them and into the maze with Yakul, "I'll see you some time!"