When we make eye contact, I quickly look away, busying myself with restocking the pastries. Maybe he'll leave soon.

There's some sort of iced coffee sitting in front of him and he's got a... textbook? I've never seen him study. Or heard him talk about it. In fact Sanders told me once that Greyson's never had to study—he's just smart. Doesn't that seem weird? He's in engineering, and he never studies, but somehow, also according to Sanders, gets good grades. Like really good.

Maybe he does study but does it in secret... but he just forgot that I know he's supposed to be super human smart and now he thinks he's getting away with it. If I didn't ha—dislike him so strongly right now, I might make fun of him for it.

For the next two hours, Greyson sits at the table, reading the textbook, and taking a total of 4 sips of his coffee. Not that I was keeping track...

And as of right now, he's walking up to the counter, that I'm standing behind, staring at me like I killed his dog—which I didn't. Obviously.

"Hi." Why does he always sound angry even when what he's saying should technically be nice?

Instead of looking at him, I look at the Levi's t-shirt he's wearing and the way it stretches across is chest and shoulders. It's an important skill to be able to appreciate beauty, even if it's not your taste. Not your taste? Yeah okay. I cringe a little at my thoughts, because yeah, maybe Greyson is my taste just a little. But it's fine because I dislike him a lot...

"Can I get you something?" My customer service voice seems to have been lost and replaced by a bored monotone... weird.

"You could look at me for starters."

My gaze snaps to him and I level him with a cold stare.

"There you go. Now anything I can get you that I'm actually being paid to do?" Wow, it feels good to be mean. Take that, Greyson, a taste of your own medicine.

"You don't get paid for acknowledging customers? Seems like an oversight."

Touché.

"Anything else?"

"No." Okay? So then why are you talking to me?

"Okay. Have a nice rest of your day." Turning, I walk over to the register and wait for a customer. I hate gene it's slow.

When the bell rings, I perk up a little, hoping a group of a hundred people come in and I don't have to interact with Greyson again, even if he says for my whole shift. God, I hope he doesn't do that.

Unfortunately, I'm not that lucky because when I look up, it's only Sanders. Wait Sanders! I love him!

"SANDY!" Greyson should take a page out of Sanders book and be nice.

"KENNY!" He's half way to the counter when he looks at Greyson and does a double take. His eyes shoot between us a few times, take in the way Greyson's lounging in a chair, and continues on his way. "What's a guy gotta do to get a coffee around here?"

"Black like your soul?" Holy I'm funny.

"You know it." Turning, he gives Greyson a weird look. "Hey Gracie Poo, gotta class soon?"

Greyson says nothing, instead turning back to his phone. Why's Sanders smirking like that? He's so cracky.

"Hey Sanders." Cam says, strolling out of the back where he just took his 4th—5th?—break. Caitlyn's following behind him, glaring at his back. She tends to turn into supervisor when she's working... it's kinda annoying. Karma, I mean it in a cute annoying way. Not really though.