"Anyone would react that way when someone scares you behind your back." Her annoyance grew as she heard her melodic laugh and turned her gaze elsewhere as the stranger's cheeks blew out and her eyes created a crescent.

"That's when a person does it with the intention of scaring someone, and I didn't mean to scare you. I was simply admiring the lovely scenery in front of us, m'lady."

Jennie would be mocked endlessly if Chahee were here, especially because her face is the color of a tomato after being called by that name. She glanced at the stranger and gave her the coldest expression she could muster, ignoring the fact that her heart was racing ten times faster than normal.

To her dismay, the stranger simply flashed her a charming smile, clearly unaffected, and confidently went towards her, prompting Jennie to turn around and begin walking away, causing the stranger to grin and follow her.

"Do you even know where you are going, m'lady?"

Jennie was going to respond, but her words got lodged in her throat, so she chose to remain silent and let her steps carry her away from the person behind her who wouldn't stop asking her questions.

"You're not fond of talking to people."

"I'm not fond of people."

"Then I'll make you be fond of me."

She came to a halt, inhaled deeply, and prayed that she wouldn't strangle the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen. She suddenly turned around and held her breath as she realized how close they were. Her brain was almost dizzy from the intoxicating aroma that had infiltrated her nose.

"You're breathtaking."

Jennie covered her mouth and took a step back. Eyes widening in shock that she uttered the words that were supposed to be only for her thoughts to hear but no, she just outed herself to someone she just met and doesn't even know her name.

"Thank you but has anyone ever told you that you're cute? Because right now, you really look adorable."

Baffled at how smooth talking this stranger was, she disregarded the fluttering remark and gave her an annoyed expression once again.

"Can you please bother someone else with your incessant flirtings and quit bothering me? We don't even know each other." Jennie said, and the woman in front of her smiled.

"I can do that but you're the only person here who has piqued my attention, and for the second one, we'll get to know each other really well, m'lady." The stranger confidently said that only made Jennie boil in irritation and a small amount of being flustered but she would never admit that.

"I would really love to talk to you more but we wouldn't want to leave them waiting any longer so chopchop and let's go back to the house, RubyJane."

Jennie's gaze was drawn to the stranger who was already going back to the house with her hips swaying, almost causing the brunette to pause for a moment before remembering that the stranger knew her name. Sprinting her steps, she caught up to her and started interrogating her with innumerable questions.

"I asked you a question. Stop bushing around and answer me!"

"You did ask me a question and I'm not bushing around, RubyJane."

"Then tell me how the hell do you know my name."

"I told you we will get to know each other real soon. So I recommend for you to wait. Patience is a virtue."

"Right now, it isn't."

Jennie eventually gave up and walked ahead of the beautiful blonde who snickered at her state. She shot her a glare but was returned with a wink that made her groan of how attractive it was.

~~~

Both women approached the front door of the house but before Jennie can open the door, the tall blonde opened it and gave Jennie a genuine smile. Hiding her flustered state, she gave a nod instead and mumbled of herself to not get affected of that bewitching smile.

Her train of thoughts were cut off when she heard the stranger call for her attention. She faced her with a raised eyebrow and the latter brightened her smile before extending her hand out to her.

"My name's Roseanne Park. I'm pleased to officially meet you. I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you need anything, I'm just only one call away, m'lady."

Roseanne then left the brunette but not before crouching down to take Jennie's hand and kissed the back of it. Jennie's mind was playing tricks on her; she couldn't understand why a simple touch gave her shivers. She traced the kiss's location and, before she realized it, she was flashing her thousand-watt smile, which might light up the entire universe if she didn't stop beaming so brightly.

"Who in the world gave you that rare smile?!" Her best friend went towards her with a disbelief expression and Jennie wasn't actually sure where she came from.

"Chahee, I believe I've just met the most bold and strange person I've ever encountered."

"No shit sherlock. You better tell who and what that person did that made you actually have that real smile." Jennie heard her squeak at the end of her sentence and she shook her head, laughing at how this day went.

She ignored her best friend pleadings though she's sure Chahee already got the hint but wants to hear it from her bestest friend. Jennie peered where the person who had just made her day was and playfully rolled her eyes when Roseanne caught her stare and sent a wink and a cheeky smile before sipping her coffee.

'I suppose this trip is interesting after all.'

Author's Note:
Happy Birthday to the one and only Jennie Kim 🎉. Have the loveliest celebration, beautiful ❤️.