Chapter 30 - Jehlani

When my eyes fluttered open, everything was blurry. I knew where I was and I knew what was going on, I just couldn't see a damn thing.

"Baby girl? Do you know where you are?" Nana's voice was clear, and I was beginning to see again. I soon saw her gorgeous face and warm eyes.

"Do I smell gumbo?" The scent hit my nose like a ton of bricks and my stomach immediately began to growl. Everybody laughed at me.

"Our girl is back!!! Hot damn!! I still got it!!!" Nana clapped her hands proudly, and I immediately saw who I was looking for.

"Oyin, are you okay? I'm here." His honey gaze ignited my fire, and I'm guessing I did the same for him because the amber began to blend in. I reached for him, and he wasted no time placing his lips on mine. I sensed that he was having some issues with some pesky memories, so I helped bring them back. I placed my fingertips on his temple, and the spark that I was looking for had returned to me.

"Welcome back to me, Alpha." Trent let a tear fall before wrapping his strong arms around me tightly and giving me more kisses. I felt more powerful than ever, and I felt the change in the air.

"It's about time you showed up!!! Welcome back, sis!! Now, can we wrap this up and go eat before the food gets cold?" Duke pushed Trent out the way to give me a big bear hug, then ran out of the room. Nana gave me a wink, then followed behind Duke. I sat up and pulled Trent on the bed with me. He is a tall man that shuts down every room he steps in, but in front of me was a somber wolf making sure his mate was okay.

"I thought I lost you. This has been a crazy day, oyin. Are you sure you're alright?" Trent was so concerned, and I felt that Amir was just as worried.

"I'm fine, Alpha. Let's go eat before your brother eats up everything!!" Just as I was heading to the door, Trent grabbed my waist and pulled me back into him. His muscles and scent made my knees buckle. I desperately wanted him at that moment, and I knew that he knew it because he pulled my chin up and made my lips touch his intimately.

"As bad as I want you, we are at my grandmother's house, so we have to behave." I gave him another peck, then ran out of the room to grab me at least two bowls of my Nana's gumbo before Duke tore through it. Immediately after getting to the table, I showed no mercy and even called Duke out to see who could eat more of my Nana's gumbo. I won, of course. He even had the nerve to feel cheated, but it was just what we needed after the kind of day we've had.

When a witch is participating in time travel, she's given a certain time that she can go back to. If she goes over that time, she could get lost in a vortex. The longer she stays in a vortex away from her body, the harder it is to bring her back. Being a magus, the risks were higher. I was thankful that I had my grandmother because it felt like I was in that vortex forever.

I noticed that there wasn't any mention of Camden. I hardly remembered the close encounters that we've had, but I knew that they happened. Watching Trent move while we were at Nana's, I noticed that he was quieter than normal. As I promised, I didn't read his mind, but I made it a point to ask him about it. There was so much change in the air, and I knew that we would have to have a group discussion, but with Luna Moon tomorrow, it was going to be impossible.

It was close to midnight when we finally left Nana's house, and I felt different. The silence was so deafening, it was unbearable to sit through. For the first time since we've met, Trent was silent, and it bothered me. After I delivered what seemed to be my one-thousandth silent expression, I gave in.

"So, are you going to tell me what's bothering you or do I have to read your mind?" Trent looked at me and began to chuckle.

"You promised you would never do that."