Chapter 1 - Trent

**I DON'T OWN ANY PICTURES OR GIFS**

"Trent..."

Clarissa's soft voice whispered in my ear as her petite curves were trapped between my towering build and the wall. Her legs wrapped around my waist and her fingers ran through my freshly washed curls. The smell of lavender clung to her moist, cinnamon skin, which drove me insane. She wore only a towel, which coerced my growing arousal; she gasped when she felt my hardness pressing against her stomach. Her quiet moans filled the room as I nudged her head to the side and kissed down her neck.

"Mmmmm...Trent...mark me...please," she tenderly begged me to mark her, but as usual, my wolf disregarded it. The more her pleasure filled my nostrils, the more he fled. Although I wanted so badly to make Clarissa my mate, my wolf was absolutely against it and has been for about a year now. My arousal was gone, and the look I gave was solemn as I gave her a tender kiss. In a single movement, I picked her up and carried her to the bed; our eyes were locked on each other for the short destination. Disappointment quickly replaced desire as I placed her on the bed and then went to look out the window.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?"

Her concern made me fall deeper in love, but my wolf was still in hiding. She scooched closer to the edge of the bed while holding her towel and patted for me to sit beside her. She could always tell when something in me wasn't right, so I did not understand why my wolf wasn't responding to her. I sat beside her on the bed, and she laid her head on my shoulder while grabbing my hand. She admired the puzzle our fingers made, then brought my hand to her mouth and kissed each knuckle. My mind was currently in disarray, but Clarissa's presence was comforting.

"Talk to me. Please, talk to me."

The need in her voice made me want to bite and claim her, but my wolf was still AWOL.

My only response was, "I—uh--I think I should go back to my room. Sleep well, sweetheart," as I kissed her temple and stood to leave the room. Before dismissing myself, I glanced back and saw the hurt in her eyes. As much as I wanted to stay, my spirit nor my wolf would allow it.

While walking back to my room, my soul stirred vibrantly, pushing me to the nearest window. An unfamiliarity washed over me as I glanced at the moon; the intensity of the waxing crescent forced me to sit at the bay window and stare out. I was beginning to feel like I would never find my mate.

Just when I felt the evening could get no worse, here comes my cocky ass little brother, Duke, who loves to sneak up on people, "What's wrong, big bro? Your evening didn't go as planned?"

"What are you talking about, jackass?"

As much as I loved my brother, everything was a competition for him. Even as a pup, he always tried his hardest to come out on top. We had made a bet that whoever claimed his mate and the title of Alpha first had to give the other bragging rights for being the better wolf. I was beginning to think that he would win because he was the ladies' man. I could barely kiss Clarissa without my wolf retreating.

"Well, it's after midnight, and you're sitting here instead of trying to mate with Clarissa. Shiiit, I'd be claiming the HELL outta her ass!!!"

He knew what to say to make me furious. At the sound of Duke's disrespectful remarks about Clarissa, my wolf delivered a low warning growl.

"Down boy!! Down!!! I'm just playing, big bro, damn!!!" He threw his hands up in defeat, but his laughter was replaced by concern as he noticed that I wasn't in a laughing mood.

"Seriously, what's up with you? Why are you out here?"

"My wolf dragged me from Clarissa's room. I was just about to mark her, and then he just retreated," I spoke solemnly as confusion, my old friend, joined the party.

"Well, sounds to me that she isn't the one, bro. The search continues," Duke replied as he patted me on the back and started down the hall to his room.

As much as I didn't want to admit it, Duke was right.

Clarissa wasn't my mate... 

I hope you are enjoying it so far!! Stay tuned for more.... :):)