Chapter 10 - Trent

**I DON'T OWN ANY PICS OR GIFS USED**

**THX FOR READING & THE SUPPORT**

As I pulled into the driveway and saw the mass of cars, it had come back to mind that the Alphas from the ally tribes would be holding a summit today, and I was expected to be there. I knew my father was going to chew me out, so I quickly parked my car and ran in to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Soon as I got to the double doors of the meeting room, I was stopped by my mother.

"Amir Drake BraveHeart!! This is the most important meeting that you will have in your transition over to Alpha and you are late!! I swear, between you and your brother, neither one of you are time conscious!!" She knew I hated her calling me by my tribal name, but she didn't care. She took one look at me, straightened me up and attempted to wipe something off of my face with her finger using her spit. I ducked just in time.

"Maaaa!!"

"Hush!! Now go in there and make your Mama proud." I took a deep breath as I turned to face the heavy oak doors; I pushed my way into the enormous meeting room like I was already in charge.

"Ah, the focus of discussion. Just in time, son, now we can conclude the summit."

My father was standing at the head of the mahogany twelve-seater meeting table, while the ten allied Alphas sat five on either side. They joined my father in standing and slightly bowed to me as I headed toward my father and took the seat that he had reserved for me directly beside him. I still had my lovely lady on my mind, but I had to push her to the side and focus on this meeting. My father and every Alpha present were dressed in traditional black Aso Oke Agbada with gold embroidery, a Fila cap, Coral beads, and black crested shoes complemented by an authentic walking stick handcrafted to each man's liking; I felt so out of place. Once I sat, my father and all the others joined me, then we got down to the official business.

"Good evening, gentlemen, and welcome, once again, to BraveHeart Manor." All the Alphas applauded my father; he gave a pregnant pause before he continued.

"As you all know, I have been Alpha to the BraveHeart tribe for a mighty long time. I was only sixteen when the obligations of Alpha and Oba were thrust upon me in the wake of my father's death. The Moon Goddess then revealed my Luna to me, and through her, I was given my purpose in life. Since we first opened our doors, BraveHeart Industries has been the number one marketing company in the nation and our alliances are growing stronger every day." Daddy got up, smoothed away the nonexistent wrinkles on his Agbada and began to walk around the room like he was having a board meeting.

"We are here because of the sacrifices our Ancestors made, and for that, I am eternally grateful. But peace didn't always exist. Over the span of four centuries, the Moon Goddess was given a series of prophecies, and because of this, my family, along with a coven of magi, were summoned together to sign a peace treaty, and there has been peace between the two families ever since. It is now with great pleasure that I announce that our prophecy is finally being fulfilled!!" The Alphas clapped boisterously and sang praises to the Goddess as my father raised his arms high in the sky to calm them.

"The day us men first stepped on this mysterious soil is one I shall never forget. Though we had wisdom, we were ignorant to what our brothers and sisters over here were facing." Every Alpha shook their heads in agreement at my father's words.

"When we began BraveHeart Industries as young men, we did not know the impression it would have on our children and their futures. As Alphas, we do what we can to ensure our pack is being properly led until it is time to pass it on to the next generation." Pop walked up behind me and patted my shoulder firmly.

People have always said that my father gives exceptional speeches, and I now understand what they meant. He was so articulate, and every word was properly pronounced. Since being in the States for thirty years, his accent has gotten lighter, but you can still hear the Nigerian Pride raging in his voice.