Chapter 5 - Jehlani

**I DON'T OWN ANY PICS OR GIFS USED**

*ENJOY!!

I laid across my bed in just a blue tank and some panties while I stared at Trent's card in my hands. He'd been on my mind ever since I left him standing in the rec, and what's weird is me having visions about him. Just as I was about to get into deep thought, I heard Amina's headboard hitting against the wall and her moaning like a banshee.

"Keep it down over there, you horny fuckers!!" Another night of her and that boyfriend of hers screwing like rabbits.

I popped my earbuds in because I knew that the only alternative was hearing them fuck all night. I turned on my Pandora app and eased my mind with the Quiet Storm channel. As Erykah's On & On came on, my mind soon shifted back to Trent. I don't know what it was about him, but he made my body quiver in such an unspeakable way. Everything about him was fascinating, and he reeked of power and authority; it was hard to sum it all up into words. I decided to do a little therapeutic meditating, so I got into my mantra pose and allowed the breath within me to be replaced with new oxygen. I soon felt myself walking in a new dimension.

What a lot of people don't know about me is that I am a shifter, meaning I can shift into any animal that I desire. I also descend from an extremely powerful family of Magi, and when I say powerful, I mean fabulously powerful. To call us witches and wizards would be insulting because our magic comes from full utilization of brain power.

As I walked through the sepia dimension and touched every rainbow I passed, the portal soon opened to a vast land hidden by massive oak trees. A clear blue lake surrounded by weeping willows appeared; followed by a large Greek Revival style mansion that was quaintly nestled on a moderate hill in a large cul-de-sac setting. I marveled over the beautiful scenery as I followed the long cobblestone alleé towards the porte-cochere that extended from the main façade of the mansion. Once I got to the French-style double doors, I quickly tried to peek inside, but the frosted glass windows prevented me from doing so. Just as I was about to knock, one of the large doors swung open and I was greeted by two female servants; each dressed in a black vest with the letter B and a heart embroidered on the front in purple and corresponding black skirts with gold flower motifs embroidered across the hem.

"Welcome home, Ayaba Nafisa," they spoke simultaneously.

They led me into a short vestibule with historic African masks hanging on the walls, but I was soon blown away by the expansive, paneled foyer. I was greeted by a grand bifurcated staircase with a gold baroque balustrade and a crystal, crown-shaped chandelier that was suspended from an elaborate ceiling rose expertly affixed to the middle of the high coffered ceiling. The hardwood floors and wall panellings were an earthy shade of brown, but what caused the room to stand out was the fancy purple and gold paisley brocade wallpaper placed between the grids of the panels. The home was warm and inviting and I felt that I belonged there.

I turned to my left and saw my best friend waving at me with a smile on her face, and to my right, was another female servant coming towards me with an adorable little girl holding her hand. The child had purple eyes with golden brown flecks and her skin was the color of mahogany. She bore a dimple in both cheeks and had shiny, bouncy curls that fell past her shoulders. The minute she saw me, she began to jump for joy and her smile ignited me with love.

"Mommy, Mommy!!" The gorgeous child ran up to me and bounced in anticipation with her arms stretched signaling that she wanted to be picked up.

I picked her up and she snuggled up against me. She smelled of cinnamon and vanilla, two of my favorite scents in the world. I was urged to look to the staircase and saw Trent coming down wearing a three-piece black and indigo Aso Oke Agbada with no shoes; his curly mane fell farther past his shoulders and slight traces of gray could be seen in his hair and goatee.