Chapter 6

>Avery<

I was heading to 2nd lesson and Mr Watson called me over as he was walking down the corridor "ah Avery since you did such a good job showing Raeanne around the school on Monday could you please come and show another student around please?" He asked "uhm sure" I replied. I walked to the main office and saw a boy sitting there. He then looked up at me it was Kian Lawley. "uh hi I'm Avery Pearsons you can call me Ava though" I introduced myself "Hey I'm Kian Lawley" he said and stood up from the seat and shook my hand. "Yeah I watch your YouTube videos with Jc they're so funny" I told him "thanks we try" he said with a small laugh "How come you moved school?" I asked him "oh well loads of fans had found out my school and would wait out there all day until I came out and I had been mobbed a few times so my manager told me I had to move schools." He explained "So are you a senior?" I asked "yeah here's my timetable" he said "you have all the same lessons as me" I said "cool! I will have one friend with me in my lessons then" he said excitedly "yeah so do you just wanna hang out cause I can just show you to the lessons if you stick with me for the next few days so you know where to go since we have the same lessons?" I asked "yeah sure" he replied "we have all day cause they don't make new students do their lessons on the day they arrive they just let your guide show you round for a day" I said "oh good I wasn't in the mood to do work today" he said with a small laugh.

>Kian<

I got into my car and drove to school for my first day. I moved over to Chino Hills,California last week I used to live in San Francisco me and my friend Jc moved out here together and today was my first day of school. I was nervous because I didn't know anybody here I'm all on my own. I went into the office and told the woman my name and said I was new. She handed me my timetable and told me to take a seat to wait for the principle and for them to get me a guide to show me around the school. I was sat down for around 45 minutes before I saw a man and a beautiful girl walk over to me. I was guessing that the man was the principle Mr Watson and the beautiful girl was my guide I was happy. She had long brown hair but it was tied up in a high ponytail, her skin was light but also slightly tanned, she also had blue eyes that were mesmerising and beautiful. She wore the lightest makeup and I like girls that are simple and don't cake their faces they look way more prettier. As she got closer I got more nervous and my palms got sweaty." She approached me"uh hi I'm Avery Pearsons you can call me Ava though" She introduced herself "Hey I'm Kian Lawley" I said and stood up from the seat and shook her hand. "Yeah I watch your YouTube videos with Jc they're so funny" She told me "thanks we try" I said with a small laugh jeez this girl already knew me I must have looked like an idiot introducing myself "How come you moved school?" She asked me "oh well loads of fans had found out my school and would wait out there all day until I came out and I had been mobbed a few times so my manager told me I had to move schools." I explained "So are you a senior?" She asked me "yeah here's my timetable" I said "you have all the same lessons as me" She said I mentally sighed I was so glad and that also means I get to spend more time with her "cool! I will have one friend with me in my lessons then" I said excitedly did I sound too keen? who knows "yeah so do u just wanna hang out cause I can just show you to the lessons if you stick with me for the next few days so you know where to go since we have the same lessons?" She asked "yeah sure" I replied causally not wanting to sound too keen again but I was actually really happy "we have all day cause they don't make new students do their lessons on the day they arrive they just let your guide show you found for a day" she said "oh good I wasn't in the mood to do work today" I said with a small nervous laugh.

>Avery<

"So anywhere in particular where you want to go?" I asked him "no you can choose" he said "okay I have the perfect place only I know about we could go there" I suggested "yeah let's go" he said. We started walking down the corridor out through a back exit to the school we then walked past there down to some woodland and in there there was a little shelter thing where I used to sit at during lunch where no one would find me. "here we are" I said and sat down on a bench in there. He sat on the one across from me. "so how did you find this place" he asked "do you want me to tell you the full story like everything about how I found this place or just a small story?" I asked him "if you want to talk about it then yeah but otherwise I'm not going to make you say something you don't feel comfortable with" he said. He is so sweet he probably could notice worry in my voice or something so that he didn't want to pry me to say something. "uhm so 2 years ago my mom died and when I came into school a few days later rumours started about me people said my mom had just left me because I was a stupid excuse of a daughter they didn't know that my mom had actually died they still don't. After that things got worse and worse and I now get bullied by 6 boys especially and then 1 girl in particular Mackenzie she is horrible to me but she only says things to me but the boys beat me. Due to this I have now been diagnosed with depression and anorexia. But yeah i couldn't go in the Dinner hall anymore because everyone would be horrible to me and one time I got fed up and ran out of the school and stumbled across this place and I went here every lunch unless the boys found me first and beat me behind the school. Now I have a friend though she is called Raeanne she joined here on Monday and I sit in the dinner hall with her so things are looking up for me a bit I guess. But your videos with Jc help me a lot they always make me laugh when I'm sad so I watch your videos all the time" I told him while looking down at my lap. Kian reached his arm over the table and held my hand "you have me to protect you now" he said and smiled at me. I smiled back and he wiped a tear off my cheek.

We sat in the shelter for a few hours just getting to know each other until it was lunch time. "lets get to the lunch hall and find Rae" I said. We both stood up and started walking back into the school hoping not to get spotted out of the premises and because didn't want to get beaten up. "Don't tell anybody about my secret hiding place please" I asked him "promise" he said and smiled at me I smiled back. "Let's wait outside Rae's class lunch will start in a few minutes" I said and he nodded we walked to room UH2 and waited outside the door for her. The bell rang and the class started coming out people have me dirty looks as they saw me and Kian noticed and glared at them some of them turned away immediately and others just walked off. I saw Rae's blonde hair and grabbed her wrist "AHH" she yelled "oh my god girl you nearly gave me a heart attack I thought I was being kidnapped" she yelled. I laughed a bit "sorry about that" was all I could reply "Rae this is Kian, Kian this is Rae Kians new here im showing him around today" I introduced him. "hey" she said and shook his hand. We all then walked down to the lunch hall. The two of them went up to get lunch and I pulled my smoothie from my bag and waited for them to come back. Not too long after they sat down and started to eat and I drank my smoothie. "They're behind you" Rae whispered. "who's behind her?" Kian asked "her bullies" Rae replied. I looked behind me and sat directly behind me was Cameron. I quickly turned back around and felt a hit around my head like this morning Cameron must have hit me with a book again. "Hey, what the hell do you think your doing?" Kian yelled at him "she's an ugly pig she deserves to be hit" Cameron replied "well don't because at the moment you deserve to be hit" Kian said he looked mad "who the hell even are you?!" Cameron yelled at Kian "he is someone you don't need to worry about so turn around for goodness sakes" I told Cameron as I stood up in front of him. "What the hell are you gonna do if I don't, go cut your wrists again? next time you should cut deeper and die" he told me and turned around. I then sat down and sipped my smoothie. "A-Ava do you cut?" Kian asked stuttering a bit. I nodded and a tear slipped down my cheek. "please promise me you will stop" he said "I promise" I said. I have only known Kian for a few hours but we connected instantly and he is so amazing.

>Kian<

When that boy said those horrible words to Ava I instantly felt so bad for her and I needed to protect her she told me that she cut and I felt so bad that those little shits had brought her to do this. She is so pretty and nothing like how people are making her out to be but they have gotten it into her head that she is the opposite of beautiful and she really isn't and I just didn't want her to feel that way about herself. Its weird because I had only known Ava for a few hours now but I felt like I had known her for years and that it was my duty to look after her and protect her and I will make sure that she is happy and safe.