Chapter 3

>Avery<

I opened my eyes and I was laying on a cold floor in an alleyway. I suddenly remembered what had happened when my ribs started to throb and ache. I lifted up my shirt to reveal my side there was a graze from where I was kicked and bruising around my side. I slowly picked myself up off of the cold, hard concrete, clutched my side and hobbled back to my house 5 minutes away yet it seemed like much more with the soaring pain flowing all through my body. My key was still in the door from when I was dragged away earlier so I twisted it in the lock and placed my key in my pocket. I picked my bag off of the floor and entered my home. Yet I didn't feel safe here anymore knowing the boys now knew where I lived and that scared me a lot.

I went up to my room and to my bathroom. I filled up my bath with hot water so I could soothe my muscles and cuts. I then undressed and lay in the bath. I was in there for around half an hour so I then got out and changed into some sweatpants and a baggy tshirt even though all of my tshirts are large on me due to my small body because I barely eat. I then placed my hair in a messy bun and watched some YouTube videos. My favourite youtubers are called Kian Lawley and Jc Caylen they used to be in a channel with 4 other boys but it ended and they have a shared channel now and all of their videos are hilarious. These 2 always cheer me up when I'm having a bad day so I watch them all the time because they really cheer me up and stop me from thinking about the bullies and the horrid comments said to me those 2 people mean the world to me and are the only people that can make me smile a real smile anymore even though we have never met and they help me through so much crap. After a long while I fell asleep.

***Monday Morning***

I woke up to the sound of my alarm re occurring. I smacked the button to turn it off and sat up and stretched but as I did pain swept through my body. No matter how long I was in that bath for my body was still aching. I got out of my bed and went to my closet. I decided on wearing a plain white tshirt with my burgundy hoodie on top with some black ripped super skinny jeans and my burgundy vans. I then went to the bathroom and put my hair into a high pony tail letting my hair natural again so there were light beach waves at the end of my hair. Finally I applied concealer to my bruises and cuts so they were hidden and added some to my face to cover red marks, I then applied the lightest bit of foundation and mascara and went downstairs to grab a bottle of water. "Ava" my step mother said "yeah" I replied "I brought these smoothies I though you might like they have a bit more in to give you more nutrition please give it a try you can push through this we can just start with this" she said motioning some smoothies too me. I know she wants me to push through my eating disorder and I know she means well so I took one from her hand and promised I would try to drink it for her my stepmom is the only person who knows about the bullying in my family she knows that I get picked on she just doesn't know that i get beaten up.

I arrived at school after my walk and went to my locker I grabbed a few books when I felt a horrid sensation flow through my fingers. Nash had slammed the locker door on my fingers. "p-p-please open the door" I said in agony as I tipped my head down holding in a lot of anger. He just shrugged and walked off. I leaned over really awkwardly and twisted the combination in to my locker. The pressure was released but blood was pouring from my middle finger has some skin pulled off of it where the locker had caught on it as it shut. I was in agony so I ran to the toilets and wrapped it in a lot of tissue and applied pressure to stop the blood. After 10 minutes my finger had stopped bleeding and I was late to class. "Miss Pearsons!" I heard our principle Mr Watson yell "I'm so sorry sir I'm on my way to lessons now I just had a few issues with my locker" I said half telling the truth because the issue was that my hand was stuck in it. "I understand but I need you to show this new girl around and show her where her lessons will be" he told me while coming closer to me. "oh sure" I replied as he took me to the main office where the new girl was stood "Hi I'm Avery but you can call me Ava" I introduced myself "hi I'm Raeanne but you can call me Rae" she introduced herself and we shook hands making sure I didn't use my right hand because it was still throbbing and I didn't want her to see it.

I showed her all around the school and where her lessons were going to be. I then noticed it was nearly lunch and she got school meals so we had to go to the lunch hall. We walked down the corridor as she noticed my hand when I went to open a door "oh my god what happened to your hand" she asked me shocked "oh um I got it trapped in my locker this morning" I said "you poor thing does it hurt" she asked me "yeah a bit" I said. We went to the dinner hall and I sat down while Rae went to get her lunch. I sat down on a table in the back corner of the room where I was out of the way from everyone. Rae came back and sat in front of me I pulled my smoothie from my bag and took a sip. "are you okay?, you seem uncomfortable" she asked me "I don't normally come in to the lunch hall" I said "oh why?" She asked me "because I'm not liked here so i normally go to this spot where no one knows so I can't be tormented by the whole school" I said. "oh, someone else slammed your hand in the locker didn't they?" She asked with a sympathetic look on her face and I nodded. "what do they do to you?" She asked me "if I told you we would be here for days. It's kinda hard cause I have no one in this school" I said "well I'm your friend now so you have me" she said and I smiled.

"Oh look the little piggy has decided to show her face" I heard Mackenzie say from behind me. "oh and she's got a piggy friend to go with" she said looking and Rae "okay Mackenzie I get that you have a problem with me but there is no need to bring Rae into this you don't know her" I said harshly. Mackenzie sat down next to me and looked at me "why do you never eat" she asked me trying to get me to admit things "come on tell me, or has little piggy gone shy, why do you never eat and only drink water, no matter how much you don't eat you will always be fat so being anorexic will not help your cause" she said to me and a tear rolled down my cheek "here why don't you take a bite of this cake?" She challenged while wafting the slice of cake in front of my face. "please stop" I asked "look I don't know you but you seem like a bitch so please leave my friend alone she doesn't have to tell you anything or do anything for you or your little minion over there so go" Rae said while standing and crossing her arms over her chest. "Happily, I might get a disease if I stay over here too long" she said but then shoved the slice of cake I to my face, shook off her hand and walked away laughing. Rae handed me a napkin to wipe my face and I thanked her and wiped the cake remain off of my face. "Is this what it's always like?" She asked "yeah" I responded truthfully.

After a long day me and Rae exchanged numbers and I went home and sobbed into my pillow. "why me!" I yelled into my pillow and sobbed harder. I went to my bathroom and created fresh cuts on my wrist. Every day I feel more and more crushed and like I'm already dying mentally. My mind can't handle the stress and pain anymore it's literally killing me. I went to my bed and without long fell asleep.